• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Service Families Accommodation

• Thread starter Thread starter RoyalG
  • Start date Start date
R

RoyalG

Hi,

I am currently deciding whether to apply to join as a WSOp (Linguist). Can anyone tell me when (if at all) I would be entitled to Service Families Accommodation? Would this be after basic training or trade training?

Cheers

Service Accomodation is available for any course over six months. You won't get it whilst you are in recruit training if the phase two part of training is over 26 weeks then you qualify.

K

knobbly

Service Accomodation is available for any course over six months. You won't get it whilst you are in recruit training if the phase two part of training is over 26 weeks then you qualify.

Also pay no attention to the quality of the SFA accomodation.

I used to work for the supply chain and it is of a standard that exceeds what you would expect from a housing association.

R

RoyalG

Thanks for the information. I have been told by the AFCO that my chosen trade is not open and therefore I amnow going to apply for a commission.

I have searched around and found a document on Rafcom that shows the daily charges for SFA. I understand that as a Pilot Officer I would be eligible for a Type V House but there seems to be different grades of these from Grade 1 to 4 each with a different charge.

Do these grades relate to the quality of accommodation or do they mean something else?

Cheers

Cooheed

Unicus
Subscriber
1000+ Posts
Type gives you the size (ie number of rooms), Grade is the state of it.

Back