• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

SFA at Cosford

Hi can anyone confirm or deny this. I am an AMM and has a result have to go back to Cosford for my futher training, since leaving there many months ago i have got married.

I am not allowed SFA where I am as I dont have 6 months left in this posting, so me and the newly Mrs Defencedog were going to move in together for the first time when I have to go back to Cosford.

But I have heard through the grapevine that they have stopped giving SFA to people who are going back to Cosford for further training.

Any help

propersplitbrainme

Warrant Officer
Hi can anyone confirm or deny this. I am an AMM and has a result have to go back to Cosford for my futher training, since leaving there many months ago i have got married.

I am not allowed SFA where I am as I dont have 6 months left in this posting, so me and the newly Mrs Defencedog were going to move in together for the first time when I have to go back to Cosford.

But I have heard through the grapevine that they have stopped giving SFA to people who are going back to Cosford for further training.

Any help

Not heard that one mate, would be bl00dy harsh if they did, the course is 15 months long after all!! Plenty of the lads on the courses we teach have SFA; if nobody gets back to you this evening I'll check tomorrow for you.
Goatherdingsplitter will probably know.

Tin basher

Knackered Old ****
Staff member
Subscriber
1000+ Posts
To echo PSBM I would be very surprised if this particular rumour was anything more than that a rumour. Years ago your fitters course at Cosford was a detachment. The old sweats will remember those days. It's changed now when someone returns to Cosford for further training it is a posting and a PSBM says it's 15 months long. I know guys who are at Cosford in 1/4's on further training courses, methinks someone is pulling your chain.

mild mannered janitor

Flight Sergeant
1000+ Posts
i would be shocked if that was true i got married during my old style fitters course with just over six months to do and i got SFA.

Goatherdingsplitter

Rebel without a clue
As TB & PBSM have already highlighted, it looks like someone is yanking your chain. Apply for a MQ once you get your Assignment Order and if you have any problems, PM me and I will chase up from this end.

A

auchtermuchty

With spelling like that he must be one of yours TB:PDT_Xtremez_42:

Back