• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Sharing files in a home network

insty66

Corporal
I have two computers set up on a network and I want the music files on one computer to be available on the other.

On the recipient computer I can see the donor but can't get anything off of it!

Tried the help thingy but for my level of biffery I can't get the sharing jobby to work.

Donor has no DVD Burner and I'm after shifting 20 Gb of music!

Can someone help please?

Last edited:

R_Squared

Flight Sergeant
By seeing the host computer do you mean in 'My Network Places', or can you see the actual files but can't access them?
Is it a direst link cable? ie a cable between the two computers, or is it via a router?
Do you have a firewall set up? You may have to alter settings on the host and client machines in order for the computers to talk to each other.
If you are using XP, have you set your music folder up as a shared folder?
Where does it go wrong whem you try to set up the 'sharing jobby'?

M

monobrow

Mate, gimmie a ring and I'll pop over and help you sort it. PM sent!

Back