• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Silverstone 2024

busby1971

Super Moderator
Staff member
1000+ Posts
Racing has become more competitive now that teams have adapted to the current regulations. However, with Max no longer dominating as easily, he's reverted to his old, petulant behavior.

There's rain forecast for today's qualifying and tomorrow's race, which could lead to some interesting outcomes—perhaps even a lucky result for Hamilton.

We've got a strong group of British drivers right now, with more on the way next year, so there's real hope for a home win.

busby1971

Super Moderator
Staff member
1000+ Posts
Brits in control, one, two and three in Quali, wet day forecast for the race….

busby1971

Super Moderator
Staff member
1000+ Posts
Well what an emotion day for Sir Lewis, might just be a One Off but such a special place for that One Off to be.

Tin basher

Knackered Old ****
Staff member
Subscriber
1000+ Posts
For the first time in a very long time I watched F1 (no football on) I picked CH4 rather than Sky. So Lights out and way we go, the CH4 commentator made mention of the first pass in the race it was lap 14! Getting bored now so channel hopped for a bit, came back and there was chance of rain mixing things up so interest was regained as there was possibilty of something happening and maybe the pit lane computers wouldn't decide who wins. Then it dried out and the millionaires carried on driving round and round, there was a little bit of overtaking and some pit stops. The only surprise was that the Verstappen bloke didn't win as he seems to have won almost the races for years.
I'm no F1 fan so some of the fine details are probably lost on me. Still I could watch it again in the future when tyre manufacturers make a tyre that lasts the race, maybe then we might see who is the better driver not who has the best pit lane computer program. Oh and all pit stops for tyre changes are a mandatory 5 minutes in duration so no advantage can be gained by you not actually driving the car.

busby1971

Super Moderator
Staff member
1000+ Posts
Don’t disagree, however, last couple of races, post Monaco have had something about them, I didn’t bother with sky sports this year because how bad it became.

Back