• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Sky Announce New Broadband Packages.

spike7451

Flight Sergeant
Copied from Skyuser.co.uk

Everyday Lite Broadband - Perfect for daily browsing and online shopping

* Up to 20Mb download speeds
* 2GB monthly usage allowance
* Up to 1.3Mb upload speeds
* Sky Wireless Router (worth £50)
* 24/7 technical support
* £5 a month (or free when you take Sky Talk)

Unlimited Broadband - Truly unlimited broadband, ideal for downloading music and movies

* Up to 20Mb download speeds
* Unlimited monthly usage
* Up to 1.3Mb upload speeds
* Sky wireless router (worth £50)
* 24/7 technical support
* £12.50 a month (or just £7.50 when you take Sky Talk)
* £15.00 a month with no Sky TV subscription

The existing Everyday package will be discontinued, with users having the option to up/downgrade.

spike7451

Flight Sergeant
No,it's just an advisory to Goaters that the packages are changing,that's all.

Besides,Sky could'nt afford me to advertise their sh1te...:PDT_Xtremez_42:

busby1971

Super Moderator
Staff member
1000+ Posts
It's a shame

It's a shame

It's a shame as I can cope with the 2meg pipe but need much more than a 2gb limit.

Will probably pay the extra £7.50, or should I say £7.50, as I only pay for the TV at the mo.

This was announced a few weeks ago so not really new news and is still a pretty good deal.

mick-a-nick

Corporal
I have their complete package. The UP to 20Mb is only about 6.8 on my clock most of the time and never peaked above 9. The exchange and box is about 50 yards from the house.
Me thinks it is choked here!

Scaley brat

Trekkie Nerd
1000+ Posts
I have their complete package. The UP to 20Mb is only about 6.8 on my clock most of the time and never peaked above 9. The exchange and box is about 50 yards from the house.
Me thinks it is choked here!

I have the same package and have never seen more than a meg, in fact since Christmas I have been at around half a meg. I honestly think that if Sky faxed packets of data to my house it would be faster :PDT_Xtremez_42:

T

The Masked Geek

They'll also be binning the £10 monthly HD charge too. Or so the engineer that fitted mine this week told me.

And seeing as Virgin are broadcasting their HD at no extra cost now, it sounds about right.

Back