• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Sky Broadband

ZebrasKneecaps

Corporal
Hopefully someone can help me.

I am due to move house in 2 weeks time and so I rang Sky the other night to let them know that this was the case and that I would like to move the broadband over. The woman on the other end said that its fine and to ring them again once we are in the new house so they can do it then.

Now, ive just had a call of a very angry Mrs saying that we have no bradband, and when she rang the helpline, which turns out to be somewhere like Ahmed's garden shed, they said that they have cancelled it as it takes 14 days to change over and they thought that we would preffer to have broadband as soon as we move into the new gaff. My Wife tried and tried to explain that I need it for my present job but all he kept saying was "sorry madam, i dont understand"!!!!!!!!!:PDT_Xtremez_35:

Has this happened to someone else? and if so, did it get sorted?

Also, does someone with inside knowledge know of a number that gets to an English speaking call centre?????

Serious posts only please, I dont need to be told how sh*t they are as im finding this out for myself ::/:

Cheers

Scaley brat

Trekkie Nerd
1000+ Posts
Hopefully someone can help me.

I am due to move house in 2 weeks time and so I rang Sky the other night to let them know that this was the case and that I would like to move the broadband over. The woman on the other end said that its fine and to ring them again once we are in the new house so they can do it then.

Now, ive just had a call of a very angry Mrs saying that we have no bradband, and when she rang the helpline, which turns out to be somewhere like Ahmed's garden shed, they said that they have cancelled it as it takes 14 days to change over and they thought that we would preffer to have broadband as soon as we move into the new gaff. My Wife tried and tried to explain that I need it for my present job but all he kept saying was "sorry madam, i dont understand"!!!!!!!!!:PDT_Xtremez_35:

Has this happened to someone else? and if so, did it get sorted?

Also, does someone with inside knowledge know of a number that gets to an English speaking call centre?????

Serious posts only please, I dont need to be told how sh*t they are as im finding this out for myself ::/:

Cheers

Try phoning the Sky tv line and complaining that the guy in India/Pakistan couldn't understand you and see if they can help at all. The only time I had a problem with Sky Broadband, which was because their software doesn't like Vista, I got a very helpful Scottish chap who helped solve my problem.

I had this problem with my Sky Broadband when i moved.

Althought they say 14 days it is worth checking on a daily basis really. I had my broadband on withing 3-4 days of moving in although they had told me 14.

I think the 14 day thing is so they have given themselves a set deadline but i could be wrong.

dantura

Geeky Fuelly Type
I had similar problem some months ago on moving house.
Was with Virgin cable, needed to switch as no cable in new house.
Got MAC code off Virgin gave it to Sky about a month before moving. Was given date of connection.
Date came and went, phoned Sky to be told MAC code not right. (It took a month and for me to phone them to find out there was a problem FFS). Got back in touch with Virgin who confirmed code, got back in touch with Sky who said that they couldn't do anything with the code??? Told them to ram it.
Phoned BT (they provide all the codes apparently), got connected to them in 3 days with their wireless router and VOIP phone. A little more expensive but quick to respond and connect...no probs so far. They also have freephone help no's, however you are on hold for an age apparently.

Sos about the hassle, but it seems all these 'providers' are in some way or another, a heap of sh1t.

Good luck.

D

ZebrasKneecaps

Corporal
I had this problem with my Sky Broadband when i moved.

Althought they say 14 days it is worth checking on a daily basis really. I had my broadband on withing 3-4 days of moving in although they had told me 14.

I think the 14 day thing is so they have given themselves a set deadline but i could be wrong.

Ill have to try them again tonight then.

Had a shouting match with one of their people on the other side of the world last night. When i demanded to speak to a supervisor, as we weren't getting anywhere, i got put through to a call centre in Scotland so at least it was easier to explain the situation.

Unfortunatly he said that as the line has already been cleared, it will take 14 days to reconnect the broadband, which will be after we move house.

A note to everyone else though, if you are having problems with Sky, and you want to speak to a UK call centre, demand to speak to a supervisor as all of these are based in Scotland according to the bloke last night.

Thanks for your replies everyone :PDT_Xtremez_14:

Back