• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

So i've applied....what should i be doing in the meantime?

B

brappinho

Hello everyone :pDT_Xtremez_30:

After 25 years of drifting through life i've decided to get my act together and apply for a ICT comms section.

They are currently at around 10 working days to process an application, so my question is what should i be doing? How soon after a potential acceptance of my application will they want to interview me? Should i be starting to do my homework on the RAF and the job i'm applying for, or will there be enough time to anyway? Should i start knuckle down with my training? Is there even any spaces in this proffession?

So many questions in my head:pDT_Xtremez_35:

I've been speaking to someone i know about the TCW, and i would LOVE to get involved with that, it sounds exactly the kind of task i'd like to get to grips with.

Any help you kind sirs can impart on me would be greatly appreciated

Thanks!

Paul

MattBombHead

Sergeant
If you haven't already, find the 'fitness widget' on the Recruiting website.

Then practice your press ups and sit ups in the prescribed manner. Also, get your running shoes on and get your mile and a half time down as much as you can. Also, mark out 20 meters and practice your bleep test (also available on the Recruiting website).

No doubt someone else will be along shortly to let you know about the finer points of the Recruiting process, but if you ain't fit enough, then knowing all the ins and outs of the RAF won't matter a bit.

Erm, why would you not be preparing for everything?

Your not going to be told when to start researching or when to starting training, so start now. The RAF can afford to be quite selective at the moment so if you leave everything to the last minute you might come unstuck.

Good look with your application.

Stevienics

Warrant Officer
1000+ Posts
If TCW is your target, and there is nothing wrong with stating that as a target, you need to find out exactly what is going to get you there.

Consider it the capstone, and now research every brick, layer by layer, underneath it, and be prepared to defend it. This is your goal - people like other people with goals.

In physical terms, come prepared to meet the criterial already.

ITgeek

LAC
Just be prepared if you dont get TCW for your first posting after training, have alook at what you might be doing if you dont get it . GSS which look after typhoons and the "regular" c4i flights on the stations.