• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Some advice would be great, thanks

MWD

LAC
Hello,

I am wanting to join the RAF, but have had knee surgury to remove a loose piece of cartlige.

Was a very minor operation and I was running again within in a week and training hard within 4 weeks! Just had to let the wound from the key hole surgury heel.

I am aware of the one year deferal if you have had surgury, but is it possible to contest this given that I was fixed again in a very short period of time. I have rang the AFCO and they said no but they have been wrong about a lot of stuff in the past.

Does anyone know of anyone / if it is possible to be accepted within that year?

Also, the trade I am wanting isnt open at the moment and if it does open when they say it will I will have had 6 months from the op to application and therefore probably a year before actually joing!

Appologies for the long post,

Thanks for your help.

G

gemarriott

The best advice I can offer is to be honest, lying would only get found out and the consequences of that could be catastrophic to any prospects of a career in the RAF.

As to specifics no doubt one of our many recruiters will be along to offer up to date and valid advice shortly.

MWD

LAC
Thanks for your replys,

Yeah, I am not going to tell any fibs. I am just interested to know that if I was pushy enough I might get to apply within the year.

I guess I'm just going to get told no, but it is frustraiting when my knee is fine.

Cheers anyway

Back