• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Spam email

• Thread starter Thread starter dozyscopie1
  • Start date Start date
D

dozyscopie1

Can anyone help me please as this is doing my head in. On my hotmail account I have a problem with a spam email which is being sent from my account out to the same 6 people. I don't know how it is doing this as I have deleted all my contacts. I am now sending email from my yahoo account but I have quite a lot of things registered with hotmail it would be easier just to sort this.
Tried changing my password, closing my account for a few days nothing has worked. Scanned my laptop and nothing has shown up. I have a feeling it was a spam email I opened then it sent out emails to all the people I had sent emails to previously. Nothing malicious, just some crap link. It is getting rather annoying though.

Any help would be appreciated.

D

dozyscopie1

Gray,

There are no emails in my sent box, in box, drafts, or folders. I deleted everything but still these emails go out. Only happens every few weeks.Two of the email addressess are actual friends the other 4 are just companies. One goes to Late Rooms (who email back saying thanks for my enquiry!), one to a camera repair shop, one to my mates work email and one to my work email, both on dii.

Told everyone who needs to know that if they get an email from my address jsut delete it as I have not sent it, so I am struggling to check the ip address.

ScoobTech

Sergeant
Try Changing the passwords to both accounts. and see what happens. I'm guessing your computer is patched and up to date, with current active Anti-Virus. And if your running a Mac you have the latest update to get rid of the Flashback Trojan.

D

dozyscopie1

Scoob,

Acer laptop. Got anti-virus and malware. Might just have to bite the bullet and delete the account.:PDT_Xtremez_09:

D

dozyscopie1

Actually found the link that I have apparently been sending. Googled the name on it and it takes you to a guy called Nick Puga "Chilean/American writer/producer/actor". Never heard of the c*nt. He is from Florida. I am off to Florida next week so I am wondering if I have used my email on one of the tourist website and they have sold my email to another spam email company. At least it is harmless.....I think.

If I see him when I am in Florida he is getting punched in the face. Watch out Puga.:PDT_Xtremez_14:

Barch

Grim Reaper 2016
1000+ Posts
Actually found the link that I have apparently been sending. Googled the name on it and it takes you to a guy called Nick Puga "Chilean/American writer/producer/actor". Never heard of the c*nt. He is from Florida. I am off to Florida next week so I am wondering if I have used my email on one of the tourist website and they have sold my email to another spam email company. At least it is harmless.....I think.

If I see him when I am in Florida he is getting punched in the face. Watch out Puga.:PDT_Xtremez_14:
It may not even be originating from but from someone/somewhere that has your email addy in their contacts list.

I used to set up a bogus email address "aazzbbyyccxx.co.uk" or something just as unlikely to be real.

If the emails were originating from my account I would get an 'undeliverable' notice.

D

dozyscopie1

Gentlemen,

Thanks for your help. I shall endevour to root this spoof email/virus/bug out of my email account.

Mods feel free to lock this thread

Thanks again

Weebl

Flight Sergeant
Gentlemen,

Thanks for your help. I shall endevour to root this spoof email/virus/bug out of my email account.

Mods feel free to lock this thread

Thanks again

Actually what people are saying is that there is no bug or virus in your account.

It is likely that your address is being spoofed, that means somebody else is sending it and sticking your name at the top, it is dead easy, if you were to tell me your email address I could send you an email, appearing to come from you saying whatever the hell I wanted.

You need one of the messages being sent to your mate in it's entirety, including headers. But then all you will have is the real IP it is coming from, and it is unlikely you will be able to do anything with it, unless it happens to be from a UK ISP.

D

dozyscopie1

Actually what people are saying is that there is no bug or virus in your account.

It is likely that your address is being spoofed, that means somebody else is sending it and sticking your name at the top, it is dead easy, if you were to tell me your email address I could send you an email, appearing to come from you saying whatever the hell I wanted.

You need one of the messages being sent to your mate in it's entirety, including headers. But then all you will have is the real IP it is coming from, and it is unlikely you will be able to do anything with it, unless it happens to be from a UK ISP.

Ahhh, got you. Sorry bit of a computer biff, internet and champ man only. Guess thats what Barch was getting at too.
Where would I find the ISP then as I have a copy of the email in my junk folder as it sends one to my email address too.

Mods dont shut this, I may be getting somewhere.:PDT_Xtremez_30:

Weebl

Flight Sergeant
Ahhh, got you. Sorry bit of a computer biff, internet and champ man only. Guess thats what Barch was getting at too.

I guess you use Outlook as your email client then? :D

Where would I find the ISP then as I have a copy of the email in my junk folder as it sends one to my email address too.

In Outlook, I think you go into 'View' 'Options' and you can see them that way, as long as they have not used a relay :)

In Hotmail itself, click here.

D

dozyscopie1

Where can I find out my IP address then? Followed the link it is showing it came from my email showing an IP address, could be mine????, then shows another originating IP address.

T

The Masked Geek

Where can I find out my IP address then?

Assuming you're using boradband, your IP address will be in your router config. That said, it will change periodically so what you're looking for is the region that the IP address is allocated to.

Post the IP from one of these "spam" mails and I'm sure one of the geeks on here can shed a little more light on the issue for you.

Or it may be worthwhile posting up one of the mails with the full headers.

Assuming you're using boradband, your IP address will be in your router config. That said, it will change periodically so what you're looking for is the region that the IP address is allocated to.

Post the IP from one of these "spam" mails and I'm sure one of the geeks on here can shed a little more light on the issue for you.

Or it may be worthwhile posting up one of the mails with the full headers.

If you post the full header we'll have a gander -

To do that click the arrow next to reply, and click 'view source'

Ex-Bay

SNAFU master
Subscriber
I think this should be on a sticky

I think this should be on a sticky

It's too useful to loose.
:PDT_Xtremez_14:

D

dozyscopie1

When I clicked on original source this was what came up. There was more on the end but that was just
who it had been sent to. Deleted my email address out and replaced it with "my email"

x-store-info:Ru8Mzrcu9Bi87krfImffoGU6zyI7zQxEV+1oomSXHVwQYBugTyhR6C0WBI0x/IzenXlSD2BJo2YQxphXUjZwseBRnSd4y/V8UQOoxbECAc2E9uw4U4ZyZN/OS8GCt9UB4Zy1v/WdAHWkdW9ivtDsIQ== Authentication-Results: hotmail.com; sender-id=pass (sender IP is 65.54.190.160) header.from=myemail@hotmail.com; dkim=none header.d=hotmail.com; x-hmca=pass X-SID-PRA: myemail@hotmail.com X-SID-Result: Pass X-DKIM-Result: None X-Message-Status: n:n X-AUTH-Result: PASS X-Message-Delivery: Vj0xLjE7dXM9MDtsPTE7YT0xO0Q9MDtHRD0wO1NDTD0w X-Message-Info: AuEzbeVr9u6ITJ84TuOjIkv2yFKnLsRMbntJtn0w8HRUVABxV83XMknopcEpVkqybLqs+F1Oq0APokG7YZ8FgwtSvPtnidXT8SVOxw4B9v1FCAIpoVHo/24DnDhWxtTj+l+U/urCoHU+nmy9LDCNeg== Received: from bay0-omc3-s22.bay0.hotmail.com ([65.54.190.160]) by BAY0-HMMC2-F18.Bay0.hotmail.com with Microsoft SMTPSVC(6.0.3790.4900); Mon, 14 May 2012 12:48:50 -0700 Received: from BAY152-W51 ([65.54.190.189]) by bay0-omc3-s22.bay0.hotmail.com with Microsoft SMTPSVC(6.0.3790.4675); Mon, 14 May 2012 12:48:51 -0700 Message-ID: <BAY152-W51F5CD06A7C1CC066F7015DB1A0@phx.gbl> Return-Path: myemail@hotmail.com Content-Type: multipart/alternative; boundary="_4d4f4713-bbc3-4079-a21c-1b6a32274110_" X-Originating-IP: [202.156.8.242]

Barch

Grim Reaper 2016
1000+ Posts
When I clicked on original source this was what came up. There was more on the end but that was just
who it had been sent to. Deleted my email address out and replaced it with "my email"

x-store-info:Ru8Mzrcu9Bi87krfImffoGU6zyI7zQxEV+1oomSXHVwQYBugTyhR6C0WBI0x/IzenXlSD2BJo2YQxphXUjZwseBRnSd4y/V8UQOoxbECAc2E9uw4U4ZyZN/OS8GCt9UB4Zy1v/WdAHWkdW9ivtDsIQ== Authentication-Results: hotmail.com; sender-id=pass (sender IP is 65.54.190.160) header.from=myemail@hotmail.com; dkim=none header.d=hotmail.com; x-hmca=pass X-SID-PRA: myemail@hotmail.com X-SID-Result: Pass X-DKIM-Result: None X-Message-Status: n:n X-AUTH-Result: PASS X-Message-Delivery: Vj0xLjE7dXM9MDtsPTE7YT0xO0Q9MDtHRD0wO1NDTD0w X-Message-Info: AuEzbeVr9u6ITJ84TuOjIkv2yFKnLsRMbntJtn0w8HRUVABxV83XMknopcEpVkqybLqs+F1Oq0APokG7YZ8FgwtSvPtnidXT8SVOxw4B9v1FCAIpoVHo/24DnDhWxtTj+l+U/urCoHU+nmy9LDCNeg== Received: from bay0-omc3-s22.bay0.hotmail.com ([65.54.190.160]) by BAY0-HMMC2-F18.Bay0.hotmail.com with Microsoft SMTPSVC(6.0.3790.4900); Mon, 14 May 2012 12:48:50 -0700 Received: from BAY152-W51 ([65.54.190.189]) by bay0-omc3-s22.bay0.hotmail.com with Microsoft SMTPSVC(6.0.3790.4675); Mon, 14 May 2012 12:48:51 -0700 Message-ID: <BAY152-W51F5CD06A7C1CC066F7015DB1A0@phx.gbl> Return-Path: myemail@hotmail.com Content-Type: multipart/alternative; boundary="_4d4f4713-bbc3-4079-a21c-1b6a32274110_" X-Originating-IP: [202.156.8.242]

The originating IP is in Singapore and is a suspected Proxy Server.

>> Use this tool to check. <<

Back