• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

SpyBot

Ex-Bay

SNAFU master
Subscriber
Having set up the second PC, I am trying some different AV software and so on (I didn't fancy trying to clone Norton and Zone Alarm).

So I installed FVT and SpyBot S&D. It's good; almost too good. When I run in some new software (in the latest case, Open Office), it protects the Registry so well, It won't do the job (it was pure hell the other night with some Windows updates).

Is there a way of telling to shut up while I load some stuff in?. THe so-called help file is no help whatever (no surprises there).

:S

Last edited:

Scaley brat

Trekkie Nerd
1000+ Posts
Having set up the second PC, I am trying some different AV software and so on (I didn't fancy trying to clone Norton and Zone Alarm).

So I installed FVT and SpyBot S&D. It's good; almost too good. When I run in some new software (in the latest case, Open Office), it protects the Registry so well, It won't do the job (it was pure hell the other night with some Windows updates).

Is there a way of telling to shut up while I load some stuff in?. THe so-called help file is no help whatever (no surprises there).

:S

Right click the teatimer in the system tray.
select disable.
Install new software, restart computer..... tick boxes and allow it to whinge ! :PDT_Xtremez_31:

Back