• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Tapatalk and Forum Runner Mobile Apps Update

Talk Wrench

E-Goat addict
Administrator
Subscriber
1000+ Posts
Previously, it has been reported that E-goat cannot be located during a tapatalk search.

Type in E-goat.co.uk in the search field and you should now be able to locate the forums without problems.

Further improvements for Tapatalk access will take place over the next 30 days or so.

Forum Runner is working okay but needs to be patched. As soon as I get the patch, I will update it although at the moment the app is working okay.

Please provide feedback on either apps on this thread.

Thanks

TW

Malesu

Corporal
Subscriber
For me, the phone version of Tapatalk hasn't changed. But, the Tablet version has, and has added some nice features, but has also introduced LOADS of annoying new features and bugs. Wish I could find some way of reinstalling the plain old phone version.

Talk Wrench

E-Goat addict
Administrator
Subscriber
1000+ Posts
Tapatalk does appear to have some cross platform issues and their forums are full of queries and complaints. The version we have installed is the latest one though it also has a BYO (Build Your Own) option. I'm not entirely sure what it involves apart from firstly we will have to register with Apple and Google as app developers. Thereafter it may be possible to have our own apps but how far down the line this will be, I cannot say. I will however see if there are any other work arounds available.

Thanks for the feedback.

Spearmint

Ex-Harrier Mafia Member
1000+ Posts
When I browse the Goat on my phone I have these annoying adverts at the top and bottom of the page, obviously spyware as they target the adverts to what else I look at like Autotrader.....

Anybody know how I can shift them? They don't appear when I use my Laptop.

Barch

Grim Reaper 2016
1000+ Posts
When I browse the Goat on my phone I have these annoying adverts at the top and bottom of the page, obviously spyware as they target the adverts to what else I look at like Autotrader.....

Anybody know how I can shift them? They don't appear when I use my Laptop.

Which browser do you use on your phone?

Spearmint

Ex-Harrier Mafia Member
1000+ Posts
Whatever a HTC M8 with EE 4G comes with. Not sure to be honest, about the only time I've noticed what it runs is when one of the Goat regulars with his signature post tells me.....:pDT_Xtremez_16:

Barch

Grim Reaper 2016
1000+ Posts
Whatever a HTC M8 with EE 4G comes with. Not sure to be honest, about the only time I've noticed what it runs is when one of the Goat regulars with his signature post tells me.....:pDT_Xtremez_16:

TBH, it may be as well to download and install the same browser that you use on your PC and then install an ad-blocker to suit. You may then be able to synch your PC and Phone browsers so that you are not searching about for links and passwords etc.

Spearmint

Ex-Harrier Mafia Member
1000+ Posts
Can you not install an adblocker

I've looked in the Google Marketplace but to no avail. Nothing that stands out as being legit anyway.

TBH, it may be as well to download and install the same browser that you use on your PC and then install an ad-blocker to suit. You may then be able to synch your PC and Phone browsers so that you are not searching about for links and passwords etc.

Cheers, I'll look into doing just that.