• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Tattoos being removed

M

montymud

Hi all, my husband is currently in the recruitment process, he has a tattoo on his neck which is being lasered off. Will he be allowed to continue through the recrutiment process? Thank you

busby1971

Super Moderator
Staff member
1000+ Posts
It wouldn't be normal for the system, having a tattoo stops you joining and under going medical treatment can stop the process too.

Only those ready and fully eligible should be be being processed.

M

montymud

Thank you. He has since spoken to someone online on the RAF website who suggested he takes a visit to the recruitment office so they can have a look and decide from there.

Dixie68

SAC
I joined the RAF with very visible tattoos on my hands, no problem, despite it breaking the "above the collar, below the wrist" rule.

Warwick Hunt

Persona Non-Grata
1000+ Posts
A lot of tecruiters use a "two-finger rule" to check the distance from a tattoo to the cuff. Whilst it isn't an exact science, it's a pretty good indicator.