• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

tattoo's

• Thread starter Thread starter Luc1fer
  • Start date Start date
L

Luc1fer

hi,

I've been down to the AFCO today and got all the materials that go with the Application for service. after filling them all out, I could only find in the accompanying guidance booklet:

"Any tattoo(s) which is/are offensive or obscene will be a bar to entry or re-entry. additionally tattoos should not be visible on the head and neck. furthermore any tattoo(s) excessive in size or number may be a bar to entry or re-entry. you may be asked to complete a form describing your tattoos."

I have a tattoo on my left forearm that I designed so that when I wear a watch and long sleeved shirt it is not at all visible. could this be a bar to entry into the RAF?

l_3f7e719345134422a76f0da63a1a0d35.jpg

l_75fa53e3e6974ab5a9ba56858848c5ba.jpg

got to go back tomorrow in my shirt for the Sgt to pass judgement, and am a bit worried as I really want to join the mob.

sorry about the long post, am just a bit nervous.

raflad67

Corporal
personally I think it looks sh!te so ask why oh why did you have it done in the 1st place? only kiddin

anyway, i have seen many many worse than that and they are in.....let us know

L

Luc1fer

was a bit hit and miss because of the placement of the tat so far down on my forearm, 2 sgt's had a look at it and ive have had it signed off. plus i got my AST moved foreward :D you dont ask, you dont get!

S

Satan616

My tat's never got in the way of me joining up in 99...great tat :PDT_Xtremez_30:

busby1971

Super Moderator
Staff member
1000+ Posts
Luckily

Luckily

Luckily for you it doesn't matter what people think of your tattoo, only that it's hidden when wearing a long sleave shirt.

As the AFCO have said okay then crack on, I hope you did well in the Test.

T

twizzle

just to bump this im am also looking at joining up but also feel that my tattoos will hinder me,

as im in malta at this moment in time i am unable to go to a recuitment office for more information,

see attachments for details,

regurads

mr twizzle

Attachments

• tattoo 2.jpg
    tattoo 2.jpg
    23.9 KB · Views: 0
  • tattoo 1.jpg
    tattoo 1.jpg
    48.5 KB · Views: 0
K

Krusty_Crab

Hands, neck & face tattoo free and nothing defamatory on the rest of your body(ie no swear words or racial, ethnic abuse). In other words nothing visible to the general public when you're wearing uniform and nothing that's going to (potentially) upset your colleagues when you're sharing the same bed space and they gotta look at your half naked body!!

Back