• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Tattoos

• Thread starter Thread starter LouiseT
  • Start date Start date
L

LouiseT

I have applied for a job within the RAF and have been knocked back at the first stage because I have a small tattoo (latin phrase) that runs down the side of my left hand from my knuckle to just past my wrist. My husband received a call while I was at work today telling me my application would not be sucessful unless I had it removed. My question is, seen as it can take 6 months to have it removed, would I be able to continue with my application on the understanding that my tattoo WILL be removed, or will I have to wait until it has completely gone before I apply again? Thanks

G

gemarriott

As this is a recruiting question I have moved it to the recruitment forum. Try searcjhing tattoos using the magic button it might give you the answer. I'd do it for you but I can't really be arsed to!

F

Forest

To be honest, probably not. The thing is, it actually takes alot of man hours and money to recruit someone. Its all very well say that the tattoo WILL be removed but what if something unexpected crops up with the removeal process?

For example, the RAF start the recruitment process and spend money on you by doing interviews, medicals, sending you to Halton for your PRTC etc only to discover that you cant have it removed because of a medical reason or it cant be fully removed, or is still visible because of the scar tissue etc etc.

It would just waste your time and the RAF's.

My advice, get it done first then go back. If you are serious about a long and successfull career then 6 months isn't that long to wait in the grand scheme of things.

Witty_Banter

Flight Sergeant
quick and easy tattoo removal

quick and easy tattoo removal

Large quantities of vodka, and an electric sander will do the job. tattoo ink only sits no more than 2mm below the skin so it's not much to 'work through'.i'm just kidding, you can't sand it away. tatoo ink sits in the dermis, not the epidermis (the layer of skin that is replaced regularly). Is it on your right hand or your left??The reason I ask is that I'm not sure they can refuse you because of a tattoo on your left hand any more. The right hand is for saluting, ergo it would be shown all the time, but the left hand is not. I know of quite a few people in the mob who have tattoos where they shouldn't (up to an including WOs with tats on their necks) so you might want to check that they aren't being discriminatory by rejecting you purely on the basis of one tattoo.Unless, of course, you're a complete berk and the hand-tat is just at the top of a list of reasons why you ain't getting in...

Gonterseed

Flight Sergeant
Subscriber
1000+ Posts
The rules may have changed over the years but I remember that as long as it wasn't on your neck or face, you could hide it with a skin coloured plaster or blendy-in make up (unless you were a bloke) AND it was never visible on parade or in No1's then you were OK.

Back