• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Terminology

Barch

Grim Reaper 2016
1000+ Posts
Looking for assistance from the linies out there.

I am looking for the engineering definitions that are (were in my day) in the Flight Servicing Schedule.

There used to be a list of terms and their definitions such as Inspect, Ensure, Check etc.

Is there anywhere on the internet that lists them or can someone email me a copy of the page.
mrobinson@bespoketrainingsystems.co.uk

I need them for a technical lesson for Fairies (do they still exist as TG2 ?).

As an ex rigger I don't want a bunch of bridge players complaining that I have got the terminology wrong.

Many Thanks

Max Reheat

Resident Drunk
1000+ Posts
As an ex rigger I don't want a bunch of bridge players complaining that I have got the terminology wrong.Many Thanks

Off TopicSadly nobody plays bridge any more, its all mobile phones. Good luck with your lesson

Captain Slog

Trekkie Nerd
Subscriber
Correct terminology is paramount to recording what work has been carried out to aid yourself and others who might be required to have access to it. Each term has a specific definition and cannot be misinterpreted. The Aircraft Hazard and Maintenance Notes (Topic 5A2, Chapter 1) provides definitions and a Glossary of Terms used in Maintenance Schedules and in the Topic 5A2.

Barch

Grim Reaper 2016
1000+ Posts
Correct terminology is paramount to recording what work has been carried out to aid yourself and others who might be required to have access to it. Each term has a specific definition and cannot be misinterpreted. The Aircraft Hazard and Maintenance Notes (Topic 5A2, Chapter 1) provides definitions and a Glossary of Terms used in Maintenance Schedules and in the Topic 5A2.
Thanks for that but now I am a civilian I haven't got access to the 5A2.

I remember the exact definitions of check,test,inspect, examine and possibly a few other words used to be printed on 6 inch by 4 inch cards.

These used to be on the walls round the work place.

Each words definition was subtly different from the others and was for use in filling in jobcards.

I am pretty sure that the definitions on the list that Metimee has provided are not the same as the old definitions as some of them them contain 2 or more of the above words.

Of course i could be mistaken................it wont be the first time.

Last edited:
Back