• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

TG1 latest 'volunteers for duty'

Chad Norman

Corporal
Stuck in one place for years on end, not being allowed to even apply for suitable exchange postings for fear of disturbing the fragile experience base, I find myself regulary looking at the DACOS Volunteers list. God, it's depressing reading for TG1.

Sweet F... All.

A software job for Av guys and all TG1 for Cosford. Even the Predator/ASTOR carrots went a while ago. Oh I nearly forgot, AFCO vacancies. Try applying for that one on any of the older transport aircraft squadrons.

Load of rubbish, I tell you!

The other Higher Pay Band trades have got it sorted. Germany/Cyprus/Holland and an assortment of embassies in some cracking locations. Why on earth would anyone join up as a Technician these days? beats me.

Adminers, I take my hat off to you. Techie opportunities are dead.

I'm glad I had fun while it lasted.

Clown :PDT_Xtremez_21:

Last edited:

MrMasher

Somewhere else now!
Subscriber
The ACOS volunteer list looks more like a threat if you misbehave, rather than opportunities to be posted somewhere you might like.

What I don't get is on the UK TG1 volunteers list there is a requirement for Sgts/Chiefs for all counties! A bit vague and to be honest its just a massive lie. If it were true how many people would apply and say I'd like RAF ***** please?

Also, what happened to the placement plan, you know the one, you are referred to it when you look for manning figures in TG1 in the PSBs.

Chad Norman

Corporal
Indeed, the placement plan!!

FMDL for TG1 *see note 1*

Note 1 : some twoddle about being unable to create seperate FMDL lists for pre and post Q-ops, what? All other trades get an indication of how undermanned/overmanned they are but again, the TG1 .. why bother, all this whinging is a bloody waster of time, Techie Trades are dead.

Unhappy Clown.

All other trades get an indication of how undermanned/overmanned

A couple of weeks ago there was a link to Hansard that showed A/C trades were 13% undermanned. I've had a look for it, anyone remember?

Downsizer

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Subscriber
1000+ Posts
At least 1 in gib, a few with the JSF programme in USA...isn't there some with 39 as well?

Chad Norman

Corporal
DS,
Ok, maybe a couple of slots in Gib but that includes Mech and Av. Can't see 39 being trawled for again with Vegas in the title and JSF had slots for a couple of oldies!

Over time maybe the odd decent job does come up but what about those special jobs that you here people talking about? I know for a fact that there are more opportunities out there than published in DACOS's monthly depression. I know of two such jobs where the individuals found out about the opportunity through sheer luck, pestered PMA/DACOS and then got the position.

The whole system stinks. I wonder if any adminers can pass a copy of the REAL volunteers list.

Enough rambling from me, had a few and probably contradicted my initial post a bit!

Tired Clown

Back