• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

TG4 4 Year Cease of Promotion

JAFAD666

Flight Sergeant
I have to say the thoughts on this thread echo other trades. What worries me is, will people start thinking that, "hey it`s just a job" ! rather than Service/vocation/duty ... You know " I`ll put up with it cos it pays the bills ". Scarey thought ? :PDT_Xtremez_09:

Last edited:
This job sits very much 4th/5th with me, i'm afraid that i can't take it seriously. Don't take me wrong i love the job and love going away. But i just take the view that it is best to sit it out for now, there is jack **** that we can do, i'm sorry to here that the other chap dosn't think that we have had it easy but i do, promotions after 5 years, 25k +, give me a break. When i joined it was 10+ for cpl, now all they need to do is sit on a committee and they are number 1 on the board.

M

MACC LAD

This job sits very much 4th/5th with me, i'm afraid that i can't take it seriously. Don't take me wrong i love the job and love going away. But i just take the view that it is best to sit it out for now, there is jack **** that we can do, i'm sorry to here that the other chap dosn't think that we have had it easy but i do, promotions after 5 years, 25k +, give me a break. When i joined it was 10+ for cpl, now all they need to do is sit on a committee and they are number 1 on the board.

well said !!!!

CIS Tech

Corporal
RIGHT, lets get the facts down as they have been presented to me.

CIS Tech Cpl - Sgt - trickle promotion over 2 - 4 years but only if you remuster to CIS IM.

Sgt - FS - trickle for 2 - 4 years.

Cpl - Sgt CIS IM - wasn't discussed so I'd assume it'll be business as usual.

I can't define trickle but you can make up your own assumptions.

The lack of CIS Tech promotion is to do with DII and the TG4 slots comming back from Cyprus and they have to go somewhere.

Now, in the interest of fairness, they are under pressure to reduce the manpower and this is probably the best option - in their eyes - available to them.

Last edited:
C

Comms_Lad

RIGHT, lets get the facts down as they have been presented to me.

CIS Tech Cpl - Sgt - trickle promotion over 2 - 4 years but only if you remuster to CIS IM.

Sgt - FS - trickle for 2 - 4 years.

Cpl - Sgt CIS IM - wasn't discussed so I'd assume it'll be business as usual.

I can't define trickle but you can make up your own assumptions.

The lack of CIS Tech promotion is to do with DII and the TG4 slots comming back from Cyprus and they have to go somewhere.

Now, in the interest of fairness, they are under pressure to reduce the manpower and this is the best option - in their eyes - available to them.

What about the SAC's (ex 11)

CIS Tech

Corporal
It was a CIS Tech related discussion but you could assume that the current undermanning of the IM stream would lend itself to normal promotion for those guys.

Obviously the question still needs to be asked and only the push from the local heirarchy present (who weren't actually aware of the issue) got the few answers we did.

CIS Tech PVR rate has been put down to 6 months for all ranks.....

BTW, I didn't get to the discussion myself but one of our guys was present and asked the question.

Last edited:

CIS Tech

Corporal
I could only offer more assumptions and those, you could gather for yourself looking at the info I have posted. We were lucky to get the info we did as they didn't have to give it to us.

I'll make no further comment on this issue.

Can we keep this thread clear of any slagging guys, I don't want to ruin any chance of any further info, they have been honest with us now.

Last edited:

Mug?

Flight Sergeant
SNCOs

SNCOs

The sncos are all in the same pot for FS and because so many of the FS slots still require some technical awareness (legacy TG3), I would see the CIS TECHs being at an advantage.

Meaning a backlog in the IM trade particularly with so many junior inexperienced people as CPLs in there.

When DII comes in they will take as many IM helpdesk slots as they will CIS TECH IT geek slots.

T101 isn't going anywhere soon.
ATLAS still haven't got full approval and will take another 3 yrs
Predator/ reaper/ Typhoon will require CIS techs.

If I didn't know the confused state of the Trade sponsor and the amount of work the desk has to do I would say this was a big wind up!!!

C

Comms_Lad

The sncos are all in the same pot for FS yes they are.and because so many of the FS slots still require some technical awareness (legacy TG3)bull**** how many FS's actually do any work that requires technical knowledge, I would see the CIS TECHs being at an advantage.

Meaning a backlog in the IM trade particularly with so many junior inexperienced people as CPLs in therewont argue with you their.

When DII -eventually- comes in they will take as many IM helpdesk slots as they will CIS TECH IT geek slots.

T101 isn't going anywhere soon.
ATLAS still haven't got full approval and will take another 3 yrs
Predator/ reaper/ Typhoon will require CIS techs.can anyone say civvy contractors, what do we need CIS Techs for?

If I didn't know the confused state of the Trade sponsor (a trade sponsor confused shockerand the amount of work the desk has to do I would say this was a big wind up!!!

Lets face it we are all screwed and until we get confirmation either way its pointless saying that one half of the trade is at more of an advantage than the other.

Ex TG3 can build computers Ex TG11 are now Op Maintainers which also enables us to do that, the legacy jobs that you are on about are more and more likely to done by contractors esp in the UK. When you look at it you can use an OM to do several tasks and it will cost you less than using a Tech.

So lets all cross our fingers and think nice thoughts upwards that we havent all been fecked over. We are apparently all in the same boat now arent we?

JAFAD666

Flight Sergeant
Morning all. Just caught up. This smacks to me of one of those political moves. You know, "lets leak it to a few, they`ll spread it. Then when we make the anouncement there won`t be a backlash".

rugby then work

Cider Drinker
Morning all. Just caught up. This smacks to me of one of those political moves. You know, "lets leak it to a few, they`ll spread it. Then when we make the anouncement there won`t be a backlash".

JAF, I think you're spot on there, I heard parts of this a week ago link. Always easier to break the news if it's already out there.

C

Comms_Lad

They get that bit wrong every single time, they try some stupid stunt like this. There will be a backlash and they will hit their magic 41000 number by april, think is by this time next year they will have hit 31000 and dropping

it seems only right to mention that the NHS are currently recruiting IM's doing similar jobs to us, the start wage is 38K, not bad really but perhaps with that lot, out of the pan into the fire.
Also ASDA are desperately after some staff to man the computer desk and bakery, looks excellent.

Mug?

Flight Sergeant
It isn't their problem

It isn't their problem

How can they say this anyway? How can they predict 4 yrs when they can't say how many will get it this year. All scare tactics.
There was the promotion goldrush for a few years as they got rid of JTs.
Now it will dry up.

TG11 are not OMs!!!!!!!!!! when will you learn?

PS am sure there are lots of IT jobs going for £18K too...speak to ATLAS I hear they need all the help they can get.

JAFAD666

Flight Sergeant
Gents this is not a flame. It`s just too long to type ... I`m an AD so only type with one finger ... the other hand is in my pocket. AF`s and TC`s use 2 hands ... unsafe *******s !.............. and now for the older ones .... anyone remember Wireless Op mechanics ? OM !.... ask your WO ... ask him about RAF Changi (Singapore) ... wait long enough and things come back in ... Now where are my stacks and Oxford Bags and cheese cloth shirt ...... to be continued ....

MAINJAFAD

Warrant Officer
Gents this is not a flame. It`s just too long to type ... I`m an AD so only type with one finger ... the other hand is in my pocket. AF`s and TC`s use 2 hands ... unsafe *******s !.............. and now for the older ones .... anyone remember Wireless Op mechanics ? OM !.... ask your WO ... ask him about RAF Changi (Singapore) ... wait long enough and things come back in ... Now where are my stacks and Oxford Bags and cheese cloth shirt ...... to be continued ....

I'd rather be an RDF fitter myself.

Question to the tech's, would any of you consider remustering for a quicker promotion? This is not a meant to be fishing for a argument, i'm just wandering how many of you actually would or know anyone who would, as that is what they are going to start doing next. I have been told by a VERY good source they beleave there at too many of you, before you go on about "my section is under manned" i understand that.

Back