• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

TG4 4 Year Cease of Promotion

Mug?

Flight Sergeant
Off Topic???

Off Topic???

I too have spent my time in a mixed environment, can't tell who is what trade now especially in IT/helpdesk and I get on socially and workwise with them, except....
Those who have trouble spelling, or describing the full fault symptoms and finding a solution generally (except new blood!) are the TG11.

Its not their fault and I make allowances for it......BUT!
We all get paid the same now and are told time and time again we are in the same boat.

So from now on I will not make allowances. If there is detail missing on a job or they plug a 24V adapter into a 12V printer "cos it looked like it fitted"
or they send me to a building where the PC isnt working and I get there and find there is a power cut there and all the PCs are getting booked out,
Or if they spend all their time printing posters for bingo or charity events when the phones are ringing.

Then I will speak to them and their line managers ( I may even be one day?)and maybe then they will stop getting their HIGH RECS in new jobs, when the adaptable Tech is getting Likelies cos he has gone from AD Radar to IT or SATCOMMs to Navaids

There are no prizes for the first tube who finds a spelling mistake either!!!
WB got me with my COMCEN comment.

Lets get back to the tread!

Lets get back to the tread!

Think we have moved away from the original tread here, any chance we could get back to what we are meant to be talking about and less of the whinging.

Last edited:

JAFAD666

Flight Sergeant
The "comments by subject" box on F6000`s and the new SJAR is refered to as the Suicide box by various admin types and RO`s. So are they going to change that ? How can a member of a dead trade commit career suicide ?

Tg4 Cpl-Sgt IM Board

Tg4 Cpl-Sgt IM Board

Has anyone found anymore info on this - is the board frozen or going onto a trickle flow system?

Last edited:
I too have spent my time in a mixed environment, can't tell who is what trade now especially in IT/helpdesk and I get on socially and workwise with them, except....
Those who have trouble spelling, or describing the full fault symptoms and finding a solution generally (except new blood!) are the TG11.

Its not their fault and I make allowances for it......BUT!
We all get paid the same now and are told time and time again we are in the same boat.

So from now on I will not make allowances. If there is detail missing on a job or they plug a 24V adapter into a 12V printer "cos it looked like it fitted"
or they send me to a building where the PC isnt working and I get there and find there is a power cut there and all the PCs are getting booked out,
Or if they spend all their time printing posters for bingo or charity events when the phones are ringing.

Then I will speak to them and their line managers ( I may even be one day?)and maybe then they will stop getting their HIGH RECS in new jobs, when the adaptable Tech is getting Likelies cos he has gone from AD Radar to IT or SATCOMMs to Navaids

There are no prizes for the first tube who finds a spelling mistake either!!!
WB got me with my COMCEN comment.

Not sure what your trying to say lol

And has for the original thread - promotion has gone down the pan . people getting picked up after 3 assesments from cpl to sgt in both areas of the trade ?!?!? shocking and pretty disgraceful really . new cpls going to high rec within 18 months of getting promoted then spec rec the next one and then getting picked up yet we were told by PMA this would never happen .

frien_dd

LAC
or they send me to a building where the PC isnt working and I get there and find there is a power cut there and all the PCs are getting booked outQUOTE]

Watched the section TEch do the above to 2 printers ( less sport more OJT required ) and TEchs calling in PC faults, where the PC would not turn on, fuse had blown, I refused to fix it.

I personally think it the person not the trade!

There is another meeting today about the original topic "CEASE of promotion" I will update thread ASAP

Last edited:

Mug?

Flight Sergeant
SORRY STILL OFF TOPIC - but then back on

SORRY STILL OFF TOPIC - but then back on

or they send me to a building where the PC isnt working and I get there and find there is a power cut there and all the PCs are getting booked outQUOTE]

Watched the section TEch do the above to 2 printers ( less sport more OJT required ) and TEchs calling in PC faults, where the PC would not turn on, fuse had blown, I refused to fix it.

I personally think it the person not the trade!

There is another meeting today about the original topic "CEASE of promotion" I will update thread ASAP

Well I hope never to work with you I would not understand your new language. I hate people who pick guys up for grammer/ spelling but I think you proved my point?
Now change that fuse for me and next time you watch me pick up the wrong power supply tell me rather than watching me!
BACK ON TOPIC

I heard that things are going to start looking better for TECHS. Reboard and offer the best of the combined field the IM jobs.

PVRisthefuture

Sergeant
Wow, took ages to read that lot! Well TG4 is pants, we all knew that from the start. There are varying degrees of pants-ness, and this is the piece de resistance!

I may get shot for this, but if, as you can see, PVR is the future, should we all perhaps, PVR at once. I've yet to see the Air Farce suffer from something it hasn't done to itself.... :PDT_Xtremez_25:

I can`t believe anyone is surprised. I saw this coming soon as they got rid of J/T and C/T.

Did they? Must have been OOA when they did it. As for me, hard work and time in just don't cut it, especially when there are so many charities and sports to excel in. Definitely not bitter.

OK..Igiveup

Corporal
Funny?

Funny?

It always makes me chuckle how wound up people can get about the whole TG 4 thing. It seems as alive today as ever?

FACTS?
I have been told that PMA would be offering promotion to CIS techs but into IM slots and may require remustering due to the lack of numbers in that side. So it would be a good idea to jump over.
I was told that there would be some good news for the CIS Tech side soon. So to stay where we were.
I have been told the reports from the boards over the summer highlighted concearns and made the IM board look like a joke.
One of the CPLS here has been told by PMA that there will only be a handfull of promotions if any but they may not be in the order people have been told they have to check seniority

I don't know of anyone that has been to this supposed brief other than reading it on here. We will never know what is going to happen until its happened.

3OCLOCKFINISH

Corporal
It always makes me chuckle how wound up people can get about the whole TG 4 thing. It seems as alive today as ever?

FACTS?
I have been told that PMA would be offering promotion to CIS techs but into IM slots and may require remustering due to the lack of numbers in that side. So it would be a good idea to jump over.
I was told that there would be some good news for the CIS Tech side soon. So to stay where we were.
I have been told the reports from the boards over the summer highlighted concearns and made the IM board look like a joke.
One of the CPLS here has been told by PMA that there will only be a handfull of promotions if any but they may not be in the order people have been told they have to check seniority

I don't know of anyone that has been to this supposed brief other than reading it on here. We will never know what is going to happen until its happened.

Supposed Brief?

I can assure you that all fact's that have been presented here are true.

SAC(T)s that have been in for 5-6 years have basically been told that their career is over as there is no chance of promotion for the forseable future and that they will not be offered service past the nine year point.

Considering that the SAC at that point will generally have started to become experienced on kit and also have the potential for promotion where is the incentive for him to 'give a damn'? It is all very well saying for personal pride but at the end of the day the military is all about getting promoted so why should we now care? PVR is the option but I really wish I didn't have to..

I really cannot see any good news on the tech side, can you?

It is true that you lot have a the crapiest end of a very crappy stick. It seems to me after following and added my own comments to this thread that you lot have the following options-
PVR (this will solve alot of their problems)
Ride it out and once it settles in a year or so perhaps the length of time that you waiting for promotion would have decreased.
Move across to the I.M side, which i'm not sure many of you will.

It is true that you lot have a the crapiest end of a very crappy stick. It seems to me after following and added my own comments to this thread that you lot have the following options-
PVR (this will solve alot of their problems)
Ride it out and once it settles in a year or so perhaps the length of time that you waiting for promotion would have decreased.
Move across to the I.M side, which i'm not sure many of you will.

got a feeling the only choice we are left with is going to the IM side . people like myself cant pvr as only got 5 years left and will throw away the pension that i have earnt and by the time promotions pick up again it will be 22 years up , so cpl till the end for myself then .

PVRisthefuture

Sergeant
Come on then chaps and chapesses, who is up for a mass PVR? Combine it with some mass med downgrade so the can't send you ooa... one up for the boys (and girls).... :PDT_Xtremez_28:

Come on then chaps and chapesses, who is up for a mass PVR? Combine it with some mass med downgrade so the can't send you ooa... one up for the boys (and girls).... :PDT_Xtremez_28:
no can do on the pvr , got a pension to think about and i expect most people in my boat will feel the same

PVRisthefuture

Sergeant
no can do on the pvr , got a pension to think about and i expect most people in my boat will feel the same

rgr m8, I do want to hang on for the pension, but jobs are out there, I may well do it.... ho hum... I'll wait till I get shafted for another course at tossford, and recruit more disgruntled minions there! (Queue up evil laughter) :D

rgr m8, I do want to hang on for the pension, but jobs are out there, I may well do it.... ho hum... I'll wait till I get shafted for another course at tossford, and recruit more disgruntled minions there! (Queue up evil laughter) :D

there are jobs out there but its not as bright as people make it out to be .

That's true mate, there are a few that get the good ones 30k plus but some of these are temp contracts. i can remember the late ninties when TCW left in their droves to jump ship with Marconie, now alot of these have rejoined or are dossing around Carterton after being kicked out. They employ us for our knowledge of the current system that is in use then when they move on so we are pushed out.

Back