• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

TG4 4 Year Cease of Promotion

P

PD TC

Finally got hold of a copy of the ppt.

Oh dear oh dear !

Question 1 why were only certain people briefed, do the rest of us not count ? are we already dead ? why did we have to scrounge info about out future (notice I no longer use the word career) from mates ?
Completely agree. We have been lucky enough to put together a central focal point for this shambles, but not all places will be the same.

Q2 where is the info supporting the findings that all the posts recatagorised as IM do not require techs. Show us the report.

There in lies the problem mate. It is my understanding that the simple answer is, they just don't know what is where and in what numbers. Couple that with the uncertainty of our (tech) future from run down of legacy equipment and new post opportunities (JSF/Predator) etc. The future is muddy at the least.

Hopefully you are right in that TS are keeping an occasional eye on these posts for feedback. If they are

Communicate!

JAFAD666

Flight Sergeant
There in lies the problem mate. It is my understanding that the simple answer is, they just don't know what is where and in what numbers.

If your right then surely all posts should be open to ex-TG3 and all but the legacy should be open to ex-TG11 ... Hmmm ! So if I apply for a post and they say ... Sorry IM only ... I ask where does it say that ? and they can`t tell or show me... surely that amounts to discrimination ? QR 1001 anyone ?:PDT_Xtremez_32:

Do you know what, I think we should broaden it ... lets add in the ASOP gang.

Last edited:
R

RoyBoy

RoyBoy

RoyBoy

Good to know the same old gripes are still ongoing! I left the RAF (SNCO TG11) over 20 years ago and the situation then was the same as now - fierce competion for promotion and an apparent bewilderment with the system. At least you appear to be able to contact your trade sponsor directly (am I correct?).

To be fair, the promotion boards do have a difficult job when there are always loads of excellent candidates to fill only a few posts. As an earlier blogger said - what do you do which makes you stand out from the crowd? Get some secondary duties or do some work in the local community - anything which your RO can put in your write up.

Good luck!

Back