• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

The Grand Tour

Kryten

Warrant Officer
Anyone watched it yet? Apparently its out and getting very good reviews....

Tin basher

Knackered Old ****
Staff member
Subscriber
1000+ Posts
Watched it this lunchtime it's OK like top gear of old. Fast cars check, nice locations check, banter check, laughter from studio audience check, taking the p1ss out of James May check,, test track on old RAF Airfield check (RAF Wroughton this time) tame racing driver check (Mike Skinner Yank NASCAR bloke) with a little more swearing. Its good fun but its not quite carling.

FOMz

Warrant Officer
Just watched it...much the same as top gear of old.. proven format..will keep watching it.

Unlike that festering splat of tramps bum custard that is/was presented by Chris Evans

Stevienics

Warrant Officer
1000+ Posts
I shall watch tonight. Anything that knobbs off the BBC, the Guardian and the left gets my vote.

(which is why Brexit and Trump were such a success I guess - I'm not alone)

Tedlooney

Sergeant
I watched it earlier, I didn't hold out much hope of it being any good but I really enjoyed it. Looking forward to the next episode.

Past Engineering

Sergeant
Subscriber
Not long since I finished watching it myself and, with the exception of the dead celebrity bit, I enjoyed it. I thought it was similar enough to what they did before, but in my view done a bit better.

I only watched a small part of the first two episodes with the ginger one and his American chum and it was horrible, never bothered after that.

ktuludays

LAC
Thumbs up from me. Had stopped watching their last efforts as I felt it was regurgitating the same old stuff. This seemed a little fresher and I like the format of moving the studio around the world. 👍👍👍

Sent from my XT1039 using Tapatalk

I enjoyed it, a lot like TG but more relaxed. I could tell they are less restricted now and looks like there should be some good stuff coming up in future episodes. Not sure about the American racing driver but it's still a hell of a lot better than Chris Evens effort.

I will give the next series of TG a go as well as I liked some of the presenters though I hope Eddie Jordan gets the chop.

Sent from my LG-D855 using Tapatalk

busby1971

Super Moderator
Staff member
1000+ Posts
Enjoyed the show, apart from a few superficial changes much like the TG of old.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Kryten

Warrant Officer
Watched it over the weekend and have to say I thoroughly enjoyed it....I think the BBC have got a bit of a job on their hands to try and make Top Gear even remotely better than this......

Barch

Grim Reaper 2016
1000+ Posts
I though this week's episode was a bit poor. All that d1cking about in Jordan was a total waste of time.

Is that Jordan the country or this one?

jordan_2003_05_26.jpg

230Tiger

Sergeant
Watched a bit of the first episode, seemed okay but a bit too scripted. But, then again, Top Gear had started to get like that as well.

I've started watching Top Gear USA though which (i think) is really good. Same format as UKTG i.e 1 short guy (with high pitched voice), 1 Cpt slow and one annoying git and they say "zeee" instead of "zed" but still funnier and a little less scripted. Check it out