• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

The right Sound Card ?

Ex-Bay

SNAFU master
Subscriber
For a while now, I have been trying to connect my Radio to the PC. So far, so good, in that I have control of it from my keyboard.
I want to get audio signals in and out but I'm stuck on the problems of a suitable sound card, because they all seem to imagine that everyone want Dolby 7.1 or something like it. I don't (I've no space for the speakers, anyway).

The sound system (?) in the motherboard is another 7.1 thingy, but only has one 'CD input' and I have two DVD reader/players. So I fitted an old Creative thing which has two CD inputs and have no trouble with music.

So,,
Does a simple sound card still exist, with line in, line out, mic & speakers and two CD inputs ?

I've looked at several suppliers including E-Bay, but no go.

Or can someone suggest a practical alternative please ?

Back