• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Thinking of joining

• Thread starter Thread starter Quaggy
  • Start date Start date
Q

Quaggy

Im looking at joining the RAF as a Police Officer. I am 23, have my A-Levels and a Ba (HONS) degree. My concerns are that I have a tribal Tattoo on my Calf and have an allergy to nuts. My nut allergy has never concerned me and I really dont want it to affect my application as it will not affect the work i carry out, nor has it since I have been old enough to work.... I also have heard of at least 4 people that are in the forces that also have nut allergies and carry out there work just fine. I would be very grateful if someone could help me out here. thanks.....

K

Krusty_Crab

Im looking at joining the RAF as a Police Officer. I am 23, have my A-Levels and a Ba (HONS) degree. My concerns are that I have a tribal Tattoo on my Calf and have an allergy to nuts. My nut allergy has never concerned me and I really dont want it to affect my application as it will not affect the work i carry out, nor has it since I have been old enough to work.... I also have heard of at least 4 people that are in the forces that also have nut allergies and carry out there work just fine. I would be very grateful if someone could help me out here. thanks.....
Straight off the RAF Careers website:

http://www.raf.mod.uk/careers/istherafforme/health.cfm

Food allergies

If you suffer severe allergic reactions that mean you need to take adrenaline injection precautions, you cannot join the RAF. You cannot join if you have a nut allergy.

When on exercise and detachment people have to 'Mess' in together and eat whatever's available. A Chef in a field kitchen hasn't got the time, or resources to separate food out in case someone has an allergy. Also you might inadvertantly come into contact with nuts (not the human kind) and then you become a casualty instead of an asset.

Last edited:
Q

Quaggy

Thanks for the help

Thanks for the help

Thanks for the reply. I thought this would be the case. Do u know why there are other people who have joined with a nut allergy, or do u think they did not declare it.....Nut allergies F**king suck.haha

Downsizer

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Subscriber
1000+ Posts
They may have developed the allergy whist serving, in which case they would be allowed to see out the remaining years of the contract but not extend thier service....or they are lying scumbags...

Back