• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

ThinkPoint Virus

Max Reheat

Resident Drunk
1000+ Posts
Anyone know how to get rid of it? It came up with a Windows logo so I thought it was just my Firewall alerting me. Now it won't let me open any Internet pages and lord knows what else it is doing

Max Reheat

Resident Drunk
1000+ Posts
All the stuff I looked at says install Spy Hunter software. I'm trying to do the manual wipe but I'm a bit of a biff

Mightierthan

Corporal
You could also try using your anti-virus software to scan in safe mode, this has worked for me a few times with similar malware infections.

Shut your computer down then power back on and press the F8 key every couple of seconds until a ms-dos type screen appears. Select 'safe mode'. Use your av software to scan the computer; hopefully this will sort it.

I would try this first as it is straightforward, doesn't involve downloading any other products and you don't have to manually delete anything yourself which is not without risks. Also, you will find that as this infection gets hold of your computer it will prevent av software from running when you are in 'normal' mode, so it won't matter what you download.

spike7451

Flight Sergeant
Try this mate;

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=133269

This is the gist of it but I recommend you read the thread in the above link.It worked for me.

1) Please download Malwarebytes Anti-Malware and save it to your desktop. (unlike the rest of the software this needs to be run now)
Make sure you are connected to the Internet.
Double-click on mbam-setup.exe to install the application.
When the installation begins, follow the prompts and do not make any changes to default settings.
When installation has finished, make sure you leave both of these checked:
Update Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware
Launch Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware
Then click Finish.
MBAM will automatically start and you will be asked to update the program before performing a scan. If an update is found, the program will automatically update itself. Press the OK button to close that box and continue. If you encounter any problems while downloading the updates, manually download them from here and just double-click on mbam-rules.exe to install.
On the Scanner tab:
Make sure the "Perform Quick Scan" option is selected.
Then click on the Scan button.
If asked to select the drives to scan, leave all the drives selected and click on the Start Scan button.
The scan will begin and "Scan in progress" will show at the top. It may take some time to complete so please be patient.
When the scan is finished, a message box will say "The scan completed successfully. Click 'Show Results' to display all objects found".
Click OK to close the message box and continue with the removal process.
Back at the main Scanner screen, click on the Show Results button to see a list of any malware that was found.
Make sure that everything is checked, and click Remove Selected.
When removal is completed, a log report will open in Notepad.
The log is automatically saved and can be viewed by clicking the Logs tab in MBAM.
Copy and paste the contents of that report in your next reply and exit MBAM.

Back