• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Trade Group 2 Retention Bonus

Chad Norman

Corporal
We've just had some of our guys turned down for GE duties.

They were told by the bosses and 'manning' that no more TG2 SNCO's will be considered for GE (RAF wide) for at least a couple of years.

Apparently the trade is crictically undermanned and PMA are about to release details about a TG2 Retention Bonus.

No fishing here, just what I heard.

Anyone got any more info?

Regards

Chad

biscuit

LAC
then why have they closed the cpl to snec board at 48 out of the origional 150+ due to all the snecs extending their service??

spanners

Flight Sergeant
1000+ Posts
A fairy SNCO on NLS has just started his GE Course, so not sure where you got that info.

SgtScribbly

Corporal
i will probably be blackballed by the mafia for letting the cat out of the bag but this is the new cheaper way of increasing retention. Just float the idea of a RI out on the streets and it sorts it straight away.

B

Bucc Boy

I heard from a semi reliable source (meaning it wasn't the wife or a pongo) that a figure of £20K for 3 years return of service. Not sure if that is CPL and above and tiered or a flat rate.

Doesn't sway me to withdraw my PVR in the slightest, however if I do get a phone call I know I won't be able to help myself when I string them on for as long and as much as I can!!

I really will have to find a resettlement course on how to stop being a cnut!

Talk Wrench

E-Goat addict
Administrator
Subscriber
1000+ Posts
So basically, people are being bribed to stay in the service.

That's a really good thing..............................................NOT.

TW

Chad Norman

Corporal
A fairy SNCO on NLS has just started his GE Course, so not sure where you got that info.

Good to hear.
It's the guys who have applied for next years course who have been given the elbow.

Sounds like your bloke has lucked in.

Like I said, the blokes at our place were told no chance and that was at the intial application stage. Big TG2 manpower problems (especially with the SNCO's) confirmed through manning and the subject of retention is being addressed as a priority.

Sounds a bit odd that the Cpl-Sgt AV board as shut so soon. Ok, so some guys have signed on for a extra 3 years, I fear it's a drop in the ocean compared to those who have left recently (redundancy/22 years up etc.).

Regards

Chad

R

Real Slim Shady

Maybe a touch pedantic but.....there is no TG2 anymore. Also the A Tech Av Cpl to Sgt board sat in mid June - the first 6 months prediction was for 70 to be promoted. Not bad by historic norms.

Spearmint

Ex-Harrier Mafia Member
1000+ Posts
All TG2 personnel should try and remuster to TG17 - they will be getting paid the same!

Probably have an easier time as well.

I walked into PSF yesterday to hand in my 15 year paperwork bollocks 10 mins after I gave up trying to contact them by phone for over 30mins to find out if they're still open. (1430hrs)

What do I find? 1 SNCO, 1 CPL and 3 SAC's all sat around doing jack ****. ****s.

Chilliboy

SAC
All TG2 personnel should try and remuster to TG17 - they will be getting paid the same!

Especially Sgts as their next promotion will be to Flt Sgt rather than Chf Tech then Flt Sgt.

Back on topic I know a few TG2 (legacy) bods that have been accepted on this year's GE courses but have been told they are the last ones.

W

welshwizard

Yup, same here at BZN. Two ex-DFs been accepted for GE training in the last 3 weeks.
WW

muttywhitedog

Retired Rock Star 5.5.14
1000+ Posts
Probably have an easier time as well.

I walked into PSF yesterday to hand in my 15 year paperwork bollocks 10 mins after I gave up trying to contact them by phone for over 30mins to find out if they're still open. (1430hrs)

Correct me if I'm wrong, but when you dial the number for PSF at your unit, one of the first things you are told are the opening hours

Ergo, there was no need to continually try and phone them at 1430 as the message clearly says they are open.

tubbyj

LAC
Retention

Retention

I can only speak for Leuchars, but I personally know of 11 AV/ELECT SNCOs who are getting out in the next 12 months at their pension departure point, or 2 who have PVRd at their 18 year point. So it seems to me that their could be a problem retaining legacy TG2 SNCOs. At our last S tation Commanders briefing we were told that TG1/2 were undermanned by 650 and that by middle of next year that number would rise to 850. So i can see why people think their may be the need for a retention bonus , unfortunately I think the upper echelons are so out of touch with whats going on, that I personally dont believe that they will give retention bonuses to Techies. Roll on the mighty AMM Sgts within 8 years. Last man out switch the light off

Back