• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Trades Reopening??

Deano8123

LAC
Hi just wondering if there is any news about trades reopening soon???

Waiting for supply but wondering if anything else is opening up?

Any scribbles or recruiters got any idea's!!

cheers

:PDT_Xtremez_19:

K

Krusty_Crab

Hi just wondering if there is any news about trades reopening soon???

Waiting for supply but wondering if anything else is opening up?

Any scribbles or recruiters got any idea's!!

cheers

:PDT_Xtremez_19:
I estimate 3 to 6 weeks before the AFCOs get the 2010-2011 targets. ALL trades should open, albeit some will not be open for long!!

Deano8123

LAC
Trades reopening!!

Trades reopening!!

I estimate 3 to 6 weeks before the AFCOs get the 2010-2011 targets. ALL trades should open, albeit some will not be open for long!!

Hey Krusty

Rang the afco at bristol today to ask if any trades will be reopening and got a stern no!! not at least until Apr 2010!!

So do you know something they dont???

Im looking at getting a temp job to tied me over until Apr 2010 but don't want to if the trades will be reopening again in a few weeks???

Any info would be great cheers!!

Deano

K

Krusty_Crab

Hey Krusty

Rang the afco at bristol today to ask if any trades will be reopening and got a stern no!! not at least until Apr 2010!!

So do you know something they dont???

Im looking at getting a temp job to tied me over until Apr 2010 but don't want to if the trades will be reopening again in a few weeks???

Any info would be great cheers!!

Deano
The AFCO will not be able to get anyone a place at RTS Halton until Apr 2010 but the application process for those Apr places will need to start from Oct 09 onwards. Some trades have enough people already in processing to start filling 2010 quotas....so even when the trades re-open this autumn many people will not get a date until mid/late 2010.

C

colblue

Their are lots of people on the system my local afco has been calling everyone who is on system to double check they still want to join up.

C

cokehead27

As Krusty crab says really, AFCOs are waiting to be informed of the likely numbers for next year and in what trades they are looking to recruit.

There are a few trades that will have their numbers filled for Apr '10 - Apr '11 by the candidates that are already in the system due to the massive recruiting drive and success through the AFCOs

Once other trades open the AFCO will contact all people who have given their details for those trades that open and will then start to get people in to the process at the relevant point. i.e some people will have already sat the AST and will be awaiting a selection interview, others still need to take the test.

Until the AFCOs know all you can do is await a call or if you are worried about being missed make contact every couple of weeks to get a trade status update

busby1971

Super Moderator
Staff member
1000+ Posts
Give your afco a ring

Give your afco a ring

Just wondering if there's any update on trades reopening?? seems to have gone abit quite!

cheers deano

Ring your afco, they may give you an idea when they may open give or take a few months.

What trades you looking at....

Back