• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Transferring Application

• Thread starter Thread starter ShinyMan
  • Start date Start date
S

ShinyMan

I submitted an application to join the Royal Navy last week, however, i've since realised that my heart lies with a career in the RAF. Does anyone know if it is possible to transfer the application across? I haven't done any tests or anything yet, simply submitted an application form.

T

Toxicseagull

ring the Navy AFCO and tell him you want to stop your application. its not to late from what a RAF Officer said to me, its only once you do the barb/AST test that you really get on their books as an applicant

S

ShinyMan

It's been a difficult decision as i had been contemplating submitting an application to the Royal Navy or the RAF, however, i decided to submit an application with the Royal Navy until i had the opportunity to gain a further insight into the trade which i had been looking at for quite some time.

K

Krusty_Crab

Might just be simpler to withdraw your RN application and submit an RAF application. Knowing how MOD admin works it's probably less paperwork (although logic says it shouldn't be!!). First lesson..don't expect logic to take precedence over established procedures!!

S

ShinyMan

I'll give the AFCO a call on Tuesday. I just thought with the application form being generic it might just be a case of the RN handing it over to the RAF at the AFCO. That would be common sense though and if the military is like most other government organisations then it's not something which is exercised on a regular basis. :)

Y

Yidmister

I'll give the AFCO a call on Tuesday. I just thought with the application form being generic it might just be a case of the RN handing it over to the RAF at the AFCO. That would be common sense though and if the military is like most other government organisations then it's not something which is exercised on a regular basis. :)

You'll learn quiet quickly that if something is simple then the RAF, RN or Army wont do it! I am a recruiter and I would suggest like other people have that you stop your application with the Navy and call the RAF AFCO. There they can transfer your application details over on the computer so you wont have to fill too many forms.

S

ShinyMan

Thank you very much for the reply. I'll be visiting my local AFCO first thing in the morning. :)

Back