• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

TrilogiView

roverboy

Trekkie Nerd
Sorry to hear that the C4I section were unhelpful. Since then we have replaced the PCs in question, and TrilogiView still doesnt work. If you think the C4I section were unhelpful, try speaking to BAE (It is their package) - they are not giving us any support on their own package. Nobody here has seen TrilogiView before, and probably never will again, but we have had it dumped on us and are expected to support it. Speaking to the Sqns that have been here, they claim it has never worked properly in the UK, but we're expected to make it work down here - when your IT sections can't make it work at home and they deal with it every day at your units?

TrilogiView works OK for Typhoon and I can't vouch for other A/C or systems but it is actually owned by a partnership, BAe only being a part of this. The Trilogiview software is actually just a method of viewing the data, whether it is being used on a Typhoon A/C or Type 42 destroyer. If anyone is banging their heads against a brick wall, PM and I can try to point you to the right people to get answers (wink, wink)

Threads split - MC

Last edited by a moderator:

mad_collie

The Other Mods Made Me Do It
TrilogiView works OK for Typhoon and I can't vouch for other A/C or systems but it is actually owned by a partnership, BAe only being a part of this. The Trilogiview software is actually just a method of viewing the data, whether it is being used on a Typhoon A/C or Type 42 destroyer. If anyone is banging their heads against a brick wall, PM and I can try to point you to the right people to get answers (wink, wink)

Since that post I have been talking to the geeks at BAe, it seems there is a time out setting in the config that stops the application from running if it just left open and is idle.
It works fine if used all the time, or if the user closes the application when not in use.

Last edited:

roverboy

Trekkie Nerd
Since that post I have been talking to the geeks at BAe, it seems there is a time out setting in the config that stops the application from running if it just left open and is idle.
It works fine if used all the time, or if the user closes the application when not in use.

Well like I say, it's "my bag" and I deal with the tech pubs team at Warton daily, so if I can help, I will.

MAINJAFAD

Warrant Officer

Get your hands on the Mousemover application, that overcomes that problem if you cannot change system configuration (it has been used to deal with the same problem on another MoD system).

metimmee

Flight Sergeant
Subscriber
1000+ Posts
Get your hands on the Mousemover application, that overcomes that problem if you cannot change system configuration (it has been used to deal with the same problem on another MoD system).

Making the mouse move a pixel every few minutes is a microsoft recommended method of stopping a system from allowing the screen saver to initiate.

From what the OP said, the software itself has a time-out rather than the system. Mousemove will probably work if the application has focus, if it doesnt have focus then mousemove will not work. Unless of course, the mousemove app is able to post messages to a specific window.

MAINJAFAD

Warrant Officer
Making the mouse move a pixel every few minutes is a microsoft recommended method of stopping a system from allowing the screen saver to initiate.

From what the OP said, the software itself has a time-out rather than the system. Mousemove will probably work if the application has focus, if it doesnt have focus then mousemove will not work. Unless of course, the mousemove app is able to post messages to a specific window.

The Mousemover application I'm talking about does cause an an automatic mouse movement which fools any application running that a manual mouse input has been made. It was put on to the terminals I was talking about because of an in-built time out on the primary application software that was running on the terminal logging out when not used for a stupidly short time (in the case of the one I'm talking about it was a major problem when used operationally).

metimmee

Flight Sergeant
Subscriber
1000+ Posts
The Mousemover application I'm talking about does cause an an automatic mouse movement which fools any application running that a manual mouse input has been made. It was put on to the terminals I was talking about because of an in-built time out on the primary application software that was running on the terminal logging out when not used for a stupidly short time (in the case of the one I'm talking about it was a major problem when used operationally).

Yes, I understand that, I have considered using that technique myself, in the end we did it in a different way. I was quite surprised that Microsoft advocated such a method of stopping the screensaver starting.

The mousemover utility is probably worth a try, although it may not work, depending if the app' uses its own activity timer. The WM_MOUSEMOVE messages are routed by windows to the active window only. So if the terminal with the application in question has other applications running, and they have focus, the mouse movement messages wont get through to the app'.

A way around this is to get a handle of the applications window and force messages to be routed to it directly. The other way is to manually send the mesages to all top level windows, although this could result in some unexpected results.

As an aside, I am surprised an app' like mousemover is in use on an operational system. Somebody either has brass balls, or is unaware that they ar taking a risk in terms of safety, security and quality.

You should give your local service software team a ring, an app like this would be an ideal training task for a developer.

MAINJAFAD

Warrant Officer
Yes, I understand that, I have considered using that technique myself, in the end we did it in a different way. I was quite surprised that Microsoft advocated such a method of stopping the screensaver starting.

The mousemover utility is probably worth a try, although it may not work, depending if the app' uses its own activity timer. The WM_MOUSEMOVE messages are routed by windows to the active window only. So if the terminal with the application in question has other applications running, and they have focus, the mouse movement messages wont get through to the app'.

A way around this is to get a handle of the applications window and force messages to be routed to it directly. The other way is to manually send the mesages to all top level windows, although this could result in some unexpected results.

As an aside, I am surprised an app' like mousemover is in use on an operational system. Somebody either has brass balls, or is unaware that they ar taking a risk in terms of safety, security and quality.

Well in the case of the system I'm talking about, there are very valid operational reasons for the use of a special mousemover app (Its not sold on any web site I've found), the security side is dealt with by not leaving the terminal unmanned and the problem will be most likely sovled on the next software uplift, but seeing the primary user of the system is not the RAF and they have a different view on how thing are done.

tonka

SAC
Well like I say, it's "my bag" and I deal with the tech pubs team at Warton daily, so if I can help, I will.

Oh if its "your bag" can i direct all the bl00dy calls i get when it goes wrong to you?

Cheers!

And you can come and update the goddam thing every month! :PDT_Xtremez_14:

I Look Like Kevin Costner

Grand Prix fanatic..
Oh if its "your bag" can i direct all the bl00dy calls i get when it goes wrong to you?

Cheers!

And you can come and update the goddam thing every month! :PDT_Xtremez_14:

So your the bloke to blame when DAP 101B-4104 falls down on its daily basis???:PDT_Xtremez_31: :PDT_Xtremez_31:

Back