• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Trump - News coming out of the USA

Barch

Grim Reaper 2016
1000+ Posts
The >> BBC is reporting << that an attempt was made on Diaper Don's life overnight.

As much as I abhor the American gun culture, I think if the result had been different, the world would be a much better and safer place.

busby1971

Super Moderator
Staff member
1000+ Posts
Well today’s news will be a bit crazy, and probably best to avoid SM, all the cranks will come out with their off center theories.

Politics has become decisive and angry people are being goaded, whatever your view on Trump, he should be defeated within the rules of the game he plays, not by a bullet or lawfare.

Deltaitem

Corporal
I'm surprised no one's taken a shot at him before, even more so given the availability of firearms in the US. When you combine an inflammatory politician and easy access to guns, stuff like this was always going to happen.
And given that he once suggested that Americans invoke their second amendment rights to shoot Hilary Clinton, I have zero sympathy for the man. What goes around, comes around.

Last edited:

4mastacker

Flight Sergeant
1000+ Posts
Given that the gunman was able to get that close to Trump and get of some rounds, will there be interviews without coffee at Secret Service HQ?

Talk Wrench

E-Goat addict
Administrator
Subscriber
1000+ Posts
As others have alluded to, it was only a matter of time until this scenario was played out with the world looking on.

What happens next will be very telling about the parlous state of American democracy. Trump's popularity will no doubt skyrocket and his campaign team will milk it for all they can. Meanwhile, team Biden will continue to struggle with keeping their charade on track with an increasingly sceptical American public who are questioning Joe's mental capacity.

The survivor of that assassination attempt will more than likely now make his way back into the Whitehouse and the uncertain world we inhabit will become just a tad more uncertain than it was yesterday.

And then there'll be the inevitable copycat attempts with people taking it upon themselves to take Trump out.

Oldstacker

Warrant Officer
1000+ Posts
As others have alluded to, it was only a matter of time until this scenario was played out with the world looking on.

What happens next will be very telling about the parlous state of American democracy. Trump's popularity will no doubt skyrocket and his campaign team will milk it for all they can. Meanwhile, team Biden will continue to struggle with keeping their charade on track with an increasingly sceptical American public who are questioning Joe's mental capacity.

The survivor of that assassination attempt will more than likely now make his way back into the Whitehouse and the uncertain world we inhabit will become just a tad more uncertain than it was yesterday.

And then there'll be the inevitable copycat attempts with people taking it upon themselves to take Trump out.
Standby also for someone making accusations that it was a democrat inspired plot to prevent Trump defeating the increasingly frail and suspect looking Biden with the risk, that should Trump lose, whatever the voting figures the MAGA/Trumptonian factions will cry foul and try taking more direct action....

Last edited:

4everAD

Sergeant
I'm not sure which is worse, Trump surviving an assassination attempt like some hero (saved by god etc.). Or him actually dying and the USA fragmenting into civil war. Watching things like 'The Boys' and I'm not sure if life is imitating art or the other way round. Whatever happens our special relationship is going to be tested to the limit in the next 12 months.

UlsterExile

Sergeant
A friend once described America as the "biggest open air Asylum" on the planet, I am with him on that front. Having done a number of Dets to the USA and worked with the yanks a lot, there are some strange thought processes the yanks have.

Barch

Grim Reaper 2016
1000+ Posts
Latest News - If elected, Trump will award himself a Purple Heart and the Congressional Medal of Honour.

Oldstacker

Warrant Officer
1000+ Posts
He gets a lot of support from the southern bible belt where traditional values around subjects such as sexuality and abortion hold sway. Being public friends with God wins him a lot of votes down there. His personal morality (grab them by the 😹) doesn't seem to matter though.

Tin basher

Knackered Old ****
Staff member
Subscriber
1000+ Posts
Finally Biden bows out of the race. No real surprise.

Spearmint

Ex-Harrier Mafia Member
1000+ Posts
Shame his nominated replacement is KH.
She's got some big dirty red kneecaps with how she got to where she is.

Never forget that when Kamala Harris was 29-years-old, she started an AFFAIR with 60-year-old Willie Brown, he was a married California house speaker, Mayor of San Francisco and one of the most powerful in California

He bought Kamala expensive gifts like a BMW and appointed her to two influential positions. He named Kamala to the California Medical Assistance Commission, a job that paid $72,000 a year and also appointed her to the state's Unemployment Insurance Appeals Board, a lucrative position that put another $97,088 a year in her pockets. Brown later faced an FBI corruption investigation for handing out lucrative city contracts and appointments to friends and political allies.

Even after he dumped Kamala in 1995, he still continued to use his influence to promote her career, "I certainly helped with her first race for district attorney in San Francisco." - Brown

Harris was elected California's attorney general in 2010 with massive help from Willie and when she ran for United States Senate in 2016, Brown called on her likely opponent, Antonio Villaraigosa, to stay out of the race

This is why I call her Kamala Hoerris.

Back