• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Unable to quote in replies

muttywhitedog

Retired Rock Star 5.5.14
1000+ Posts
I think I've found out a trend in this.

If you are replying to a post that has no "quotes" already, then it will allow you to quote the post.

If the post you are replying to has already quoted some other post, then you cant quote and reply to their post.

Mods/Geeks - over to you!

Barch

Grim Reaper 2016
1000+ Posts
I think I've found out a trend in this.

If you are replying to a post that has no "quotes" already, then it will allow you to quote the post.

If the post you are replying to has already quoted some other post, then you cant quote and reply to their post.

Mods/Geeks - over to you!

Go on try it.

I think it is called nesting and many forums have settings to allow a certain number of posts nested within the original.

busby1971

Super Moderator
Staff member
1000+ Posts
Go on try it.

I think it is called nesting and many forums have settings to allow a certain number of posts nested within the original.

Just quoted a quote, original quote doesn't seem to have quoted.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

muttywhitedog

Retired Rock Star 5.5.14
1000+ Posts
Ok, its not what I thought. Ive just been back to some randomly selected threads and tried quoting, but it wouldn't allow me to.

Downsizer

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Subscriber
1000+ Posts
It happens to me when I try to quote a post containing a quote. On Firefox.

Gonterseed

Flight Sergeant
Subscriber
1000+ Posts
Just trying now. There is no "reply with comment" in:-

Firefox
Chrome
Opera or
Edge

Like most people I would suspect the problem is with the web site.

Maybe it's time/date related *(approx)

23:26, 01.10.2019

Barch

Grim Reaper 2016
1000+ Posts
My two main browsers, Comodo Dragon and Firefox both have 'Reply with Quote'.

Back