• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

vacancies

• Thread starter Thread starter boothyboy
  • Start date Start date
B

boothyboy

where abouts can i find what trades and that do have vacancies in them? please thankyou please!

Brackens

SAC
You will be told once you have passed your AST, no point finding out before then as i guess it changes regularly, as a pointer it seems most are closed at the moment from what i have read on here

K

Krusty_Crab

where abouts can i find what trades and that do have vacancies in them? please thankyou please!
The Armed Forces Careers Office (AFCO)

Take a look at the RAF Careers website and see what trades you think you'd like then go to the AFCO and take the Airman Selection Test (AST) and see what trades you're suited to. If any are available then you can go for it. If they're not available then wait until late Aug / early Sept when almost all of them should open up again for entry from Apr 2010.

Remember the job market is now fiercely competitive and the number of people applying to the RAF has rocketed in the last year, that's why almost all of this year's places (Mar09-Apr10) are now filled.

D

don_fandango

Following my test today, found that the only trades available atm are; Dental Tech, Mental Health Nurse, Gunner, Aerospace Systems Operator, ODP CQ and Musician.

Ant1981

LAC
I did my test Friday (17th Jul) and passed, but only Gunner is recruiting at present.

So myself and the other gentleman who sat the test with me will have to wait until our trades to come up and open their doors.

Last edited:
A

alanpoy85

You can also call the RAF helpline number that you can find on the careers site. They have a list of what trades are open - last time I called it wasn't much at all, good job I got my application in when I did.

Back