• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Video editing software

jti

LAC
Hi guys,

I'm looking to splash out on some editing software as I'll like to do more than windows movie maker can offer, though being a cheap skate I don't want to be paying megabucks.
Any suggestions?! I'm running vista BTW

Sospan

Flight Sergeant
1000+ Posts
Proshow gold is a good one, it come in few different levels of cost too.

You can download a demo here

propersplitbrainme

Warrant Officer
There's also Ulead video studio and Pinnacle as well.

I have a Pinnacle Moviebox which allows you to capture older style formats from VHS etc. Their software is a little 'flaky' at times though.

Have a look at Adobe premiere elements. You can sometimes get a reasonable price for a bundle with Photoshop elements. It isn't the most intuitive package but without spending hundreds of pounds on higher end stuff it should do what you want. Once you get used to it , it isn't so bad.
Pinnacle can be a real pain in the ar$e as it can crash often, I have lost hours of work because of this. If your system is fairly well loaded with available RAM however it might be ok too.

One thing I would definitley suggest is you get hold of an external hard drive, or add another to your 'puter and use that drive to store your captured video on. If you try to run the software application from the same drive as the video is stored it will cause mahoosive problems for you. Even a partitioned drive is not a good idea.

Hope this helps.

sid the squid

Sergeant
I have Cyberlinks Power Director 7 which is very good and pretty easy to use. It is rated as one of the best around if you check the reviews and is about 33 quid off amazon.
I have used Sony Vegas but was'nt too keen on that and found it a bit more tricky to use.
Which ever software you use they all seem to use a lot of memory and test your graphics card.

Back