• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Videocon TV Op. Instr; where from ?

Ex-Bay

SNAFU master
Subscriber
OK, I give up.
Me & google just do not get on, I reckon. You see, my TV has started displaying:
"We've changed the channels - you need to re-tune your set".

So I thought; fine; no sweat. All I have to do is find the TV Instruction Book. . . . .

I managed to find the Instructions for just about everything I've owned since moving in 20 odd years ago but I cannot find them for my Videocon VU226LD TV.

So, thinking with my head for a change, I thought "Ah - google" [since I have managed to get various manuals this way before]. And NO it did not work.
Fixya seemed to think I needed a manual for a Sharp TV (despite actually putting the name & details into the thing),
E-Bay didn't know about Videocon (they are an Indian mob, but a damn good TV display)

In loads of hits they all seemed to be for Sales [buy your TV here!].

So if there is a member of the Goat who has this TV, can I borrow it so I can copy it or can you do it for me?.
Alternatively, can someone please find a website that really HAS got a free copy of this bloody manual ?
Many thanks

Sniffer

Super Moderator
Jesus H Christ. These things are usually quite intuitive. Have you even tried? Usually goes along the lines of:
Menu
Set up
installation
add channels or first time installation
Manual or automatic channel search

For the love of god give it a try!

Ex-Bay

SNAFU master
Subscriber
Jesus H Christ. These things are usually quite intuitive. Have you even tried? Usually goes along the lines of:
Menu
Set up
installation
add channels or first time installation
Manual or automatic channel search

For the love of god give it a try!

Oh, but I did.
There was no "first time installation" option.
'Add channels' was in a menu of something else and I did'nt fancy screwing that up at the time.
After I'd fiddled with it for too long, I couldn't even get a menu for Auto re-tune.
And I sure could not find a ALL RESET option to go back to factory settings.

I did, however get a reply from India, giving me a number to call.
There was no STD code. . . . .

So I unplugged the mains, left it for a little while and started again.
This time it went through a proper re-tuner cycle.
But I'd still like a copy of the book.

Back