• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Vista 64 wireless problem

T55

Sergeant
I have just changed phone and broadband supplier from BT to Postoffice. They have supplied a new wireless router (ZyXEL) which has connected fine to my laptop running XP, another laptop running Vista 32, a desktop running XP and using a BT Voyager 1055 wireless adapter.
The problem area is the desktop computer running Vista 64 using another BT Voyager 1055 wireless adapter, the computer just cannot see the new network. I have tried and failed to set it up manually. I have moved the computer and plugged it it with a LAN cable and that connects fine. I just am not able to make it see my wireless network, it can see others that were there before.

Any advice will be gratefully received.

Thanks

CodeMonkey

Flight Sergeant
http://www.voyager.bt.com/wireless_devices/voyager_1055/downloads.htm#

http://www.voyager.bt.com/wireless_devices/voyager_1055/downloads.htm#

a quick google search for that model revealed the foolowing link

BT Shop Drivers download page

Make sure you have the latest Vista 64bit driver.

Does it see your network ie connect to the router, obtain a valid IP address.

T55

Sergeant
I believe I am using the correct driver and it worked yesterday using Vista 64.

The computer does not see the new network at all. I think the system is set at Public Network and despite various help files regarding changing it to private or home network I just cannot see how, even logged on as an administrator.

CodeMonkey

Flight Sergeant
Ok that's interesting can you see any of your neighbours networks?

You might need to log onto the router from another computer and check that the new router is broadcasting the SSID of your network, and if it is set to give out an IP address to computers on the network(DHCP) that the pool of addresses is large enough for all the devices on your network.

On another note, try the wireless adaptor in the other desktop machine just to confirm it hasn't died since yesterday(it does happen my router did the same to me overnight)
I'm not here right now

T55

Sergeant
Thanks for you help Codemonkey.

The problem is now resolved. No matter what I did the BT Voyager dongle just would not see my new wireless network.

I have now purchased another dongle from the same manufacturer as my wireless router (Zyxel) and everything works fine!

Back