• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Vista 64Bit A.V. and Firewall

• Thread starter Thread starter pie sandwich
  • Start date Start date
P

pie sandwich

I wanted to ask if anyone out there is using vista 64 Bit (ultimate) and if you knew of any good firewalls and anti virus.

I hve tried Zone Alarm and AVG but thy will not work on 64 Bit Vista.

Free would be good but if I have to cough up some cash I don't mind too much.

CodeMonkey

Flight Sergeant
I wanted to ask if anyone out there is using vista 64 Bit (ultimate) and if you knew of any good firewalls and anti virus.

I hve tried Zone Alarm and AVG but thy will not work on 64 Bit Vista.

Free would be good but if I have to cough up some cash I don't mind too much.

Although off the top of my head i can't think of any any particular reason for running 64-bit vista, you will run into more problems than just AV + firewall.

Found This with a quick google search, NOD32 should be ok for antivirus.

From a technical standpoint unless you are running >4GB of RAM then 32-bit vista will do the trick.

Back