• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Vista Problems

• Thread starter Thread starter pie sandwich
  • Start date Start date
P

pie sandwich

I just wanted to know if anyone has had this problem before or knows how to fix it. I am using Vista 64bit Ultimate.

On start up the computer runs up as normal.

The screen will display the loading/timing bar.

Then nothing, the monitor will go to sleep, With the speakers plugged in it will not give the little tinkle you get when the desktop comes on.

I can only think that a signal is not getting through to the monitor causing it to goto sleep.

I have up dated the drivers for everything, during a marathon session when I was trying to fix it for a different snag.

If I reboot the computer it will start up and display will start up and it will proceed to the desktop. (sometimes it takes more than one reboot)

I have used another HDD that I have with XP on it and that works fine.

Shugster

Warrant Officer
I just wanted to know if anyone has had this problem before or knows how to fix it. I am using Vista 64bit Ultimate.

On start up the computer runs up as normal.

The screen will display the loading/timing bar.

Then nothing, the monitor will go to sleep, With the speakers plugged in it will not give the little tinkle you get when the desktop comes on.

I can only think that a signal is not getting through to the monitor causing it to goto sleep.

I have up dated the drivers for everything, during a marathon session when I was trying to fix it for a different snag.

If I reboot the computer it will start up and display will start up and it will proceed to the desktop. (sometimes it takes more than one reboot)

I have used another HDD that I have with XP on it and that works fine.

Can you give us a wee bit more information on that?

P

pie sandwich

Can you give us a wee bit more information on that?

As in the computer will start as normal. I did put it in a long winded way.

That's where I would start; rolling-back the updated drivers.

It is a new build so I cant roll them back. I have installed new cpu, mobo, ram, etc
The only thing to stay the same is I have put my GPX cards in they are compatible with everything as they are half decent cards.

Just to add, if I were to restart it now it has been running for 30 min it will be fine, it just seems to be on the initial boot.

MingMong

Warrant Officer
If you want mate, give me a shout over the weekend and i'll pop round and have a look, just make sure you have some booze in the fridge!

P

pie sandwich

Cheers MM

But some of us are grafting all weekend :PDT_Xtremez_14:

I am off shift from next friday for 4 days so next weekend would be great.

No probs Shug will do.

PingDit

Flight Sergeant
Subscriber
1000+ Posts
Feckin Vista! - I've not been able to make a backup since I bought this laptop! Keeps telling me it's an 'Access violation' - fault 070000500 or some feckin thing. Been to loadsa sites to see what the problem is, or how to fix it - no further ahead! I'm logged in as an Administrator - any ideas?

MingMong

Warrant Officer
Feckin Vista! - I've not been able to make a backup since I bought this laptop! Keeps telling me it's an 'Access violation' - fault 070000500 or some feckin thing. Been to loadsa sites to see what the problem is, or how to fix it - no further ahead! I'm logged in as an Administrator - any ideas?

I was having problems that although I was loggd in as administrator on Vista, certain programs came up with an access denied error. After a bit of searching on the web, I found out that you can get round this issue by right clicking the file that causes the problem and selecting 'Run as administrator'.

Not sure this is the answer to your problem, but it's worth a try.

P

pie sandwich

Can you post what the problem / fix was please?

It would appear to be fixed. :PDT_Xtremez_06: Famous last words.

The problems on start up were fixed by reinstalling the drivers for the graphics cards.

The problem of the computer freezing and or rebooting was caused by the voltage settings in the bios. The RAM should have been around 1.8v but was at 1.45v and the CPU was at 1.10v when it should have been at 1.35v.

Goes to show auto settings are not always best.

Shugster

Warrant Officer
It would appear to be fixed. :PDT_Xtremez_06: Famous last words.

The problems on start up were fixed by reinstalling the drivers for the graphics cards.

The problem of the computer freezing and or rebooting was caused by the voltage settings in the bios. The RAM should have been around 1.8v but was at 1.45v and the CPU was at 1.10v when it should have been at 1.35v.

Goes to show auto settings are not always best.

Thanks dude. One more thing to look at when things go a bit, "Pete Tong".

I'll remember that for the future.

Back