• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Vista Registry

• Thread starter Thread starter Dink
  • Start date Start date
D

Dink

My laptop is working fine but on selecting "My Computer" I have all sorts of files in there along with "Program Files" etc, some look like ghost files. I have "sys" and "txt" files in there that werent there before.

Also when I sent the Calculator to the Desktop the shortcut appeared with a "desktop.uni" file.

It wasnt doing this until recently but the other half says she deleted some old files and did a "clean up" but cant be sure exactly what she did.

Do I have a Vista problem or is this recoverable in some way ??, I have iolo syatem echanic installed but nothing I do seems to fix it.

unofire

LAC
Hi Ding

you might want to try a system restore to a date you know that the laptop was working ok:

Start > all programs >accessories > system tools> system restore.

You wont lose any documents etc

D

Dink

Thanks for the replies but I think the dozy bird has deleted some sys files which has caused the problems.

I am going to have to get a Vista repair for it. Damn.

unofire

LAC
Ok Ok!! What I meant was restore to a date prior to these 'Files' were discovered and started being an issue.

D

Dink

Ok Ok!! What I meant was restore to a date prior to these 'Files' were discovered and started being an issue.

Will give it a try. Cheers.

EDIT : Not going to work as the restore points only go back three days and its been like this for a week.

Last edited:
Back