• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Waltastic!

• Thread starter Thread starter Rich_P
  • Start date Start date
W

Wing boy

First up

Vim, Since when has asking a question been "nasty", I only asked whether he should be calling someone a walt.

Dave, please re-read posts 4 and 9, I have never accused RichP of saying he has done something he hasn't.

RichP, I stand back in admiration, I fully expected you to blow your top and come back with a vicious post. You didn't and now I look slightly stupid. 1 question for you though is as the man served 4 years is he a WALT or just a big timer? Personally I say bigtimer, someone trying to make more of what he actually did.

As an aside have you looked into the Auxilliaries? Maybe they could take your passion and make it a reality.

vim_fuego

Hung Like a Baboon.
Staff member
Administrator
Subscriber
1000+ Posts
First up

Vim, Since when has asking a question been "nasty", I only asked whether he should be calling someone a walt.Dave, please re-read posts 4 and 9, I have never accused RichP of saying he has done something he hasn't.

RichP, I stand back in admiration, I fully expected you to blow your top and come back with a vicious post. You didn't and now I look slightly stupid. 1 question for you though is as the man served 4 years is he a WALT or just a big timer? Personally I say bigtimer, someone trying to make more of what he actually did.

As an aside have you looked into the Auxilliaries? Maybe they could take your passion and make it a reality.

Its a bit late now to back out...You are 'nasty' because I can read so don't attempt to insult my intelligence...Bang to rights this was an attempt to big yourself up which has miserably backfired on you...

he_who_dares_rodney

Flight Sergeant
First up

. 1 question for you though is as the man served 4 years is he a WALT or just a big timer? Personally I say bigtimer, someone trying to make more of what he actually did.

I would say he is a 100% bona fide WALT and therefore deserves everything he gets
I shall explain

A big timer is (for instance) a cook or MTD or Stacker who whilst on the lash and chatting up birds happens to drop into conversation he is serving with the Paras / Marines or a harrier pilot or synchro leader
All this is carried out in the attempt to impress the crowd / women then yes a degree of latitude is allowed particuarly if overseas in the hunt for Euro or American birds and there wares

However to stand in a court of law and declare that you won a MM at Goose Green is a completely different matter
Jack Livesey created a completely new persona for him self one that in fact never happened or existed
He carried out lectures at the IWM and wrote books in this guise plus used it to get himself out of a fraud case
If he had wrote "JL served in the British Army for 4 years and was attached to the famous Parachute Regiment" on his books jacket nobody would have given him a second glance
However if this was the U.S. he would be looking at charges under the "Stolen Valor" act they have and maybe should be facing charges here also

To big time it is harmless to offer yourself up as a hero at a battle in which men died is completely different

One thing I am convinced off is that this problem will get worse
The ammount of books being rushed out about Telic and Herrick means you can almost place yourself accuratly somewhere and even mention enough names to bluff your way through if caught out

As for Wing Boy asking Rich why it should interest him why shouldn't he?
He is entitled to an opinion also
He may have been slightly off the mark but why should it interest Rich if he's never served if he wanted to be a bit harsher he could have gone down the lines of at least he has served what about you

As it was Rich came back with a far more sensible answer than alot of peoples replies so well done him

It is after all a debate and although we may not like everyones answer it what makes the Goat interesting

Yours

Sir Rodders of Goat V.C. DFC** MC***

Dave-exfairy

Warrant Officer
I would say he is a 100% bona fide WALT and therefore deserves everything he gets
I shall explain

A big timer is (for instance) a cook or MTD or Stacker who whilst on the lash and chatting up birds happens to drop into conversation he is serving with the Paras / Marines or a harrier pilot or synchro leader
All this is carried out in the attempt to impress the crowd / women then yes a degree of latitude is allowed particuarly if overseas in the hunt for Euro or American birds and there wares

However to stand in a court of law and declare that you won a MM at Goose Green is a completely different matter
Jack Livesey created a completely new persona for him self one that in fact never happened or existed
He carried out lectures at the IWM and wrote books in this guise plus used it to get himself out of a fraud case
If he had wrote "JL served in the British Army for 4 years and was attached to the famous Parachute Regiment" on his books jacket nobody would have given him a second glance
However if this was the U.S. he would be looking at charges under the "Stolen Valor" act they have and maybe should be facing charges here also

To big time it is harmless to offer yourself up as a hero at a battle in which men died is completely different

One thing I am convinced off is that this problem will get worse
The ammount of books being rushed out about Telic and Herrick means you can almost place yourself accuratly somewhere and even mention enough names to bluff your way through if caught out

As for Wing Boy asking Rich why it should interest him why shouldn't he?
He is entitled to an opinion also
He may have been slightly off the mark but why should it interest Rich if he's never served if he wanted to be a bit harsher he could have gone down the lines of at least he has served what about you

As it was Rich came back with a far more sensible answer than alot of peoples replies so well done him

It is after all a debate and although we may not like everyones answer it what makes the Goat interesting

Yours

Sir Rodders of Goat V.C. DFC** MC***

Excellent post HWDR, absolutely agree. :PDT_Xtremez_14:

Dave-exfairy

Warrant Officer
First up

Vim, Since when has asking a question been "nasty", I only asked whether he should be calling someone a walt.

Dave, please re-read posts 4 and 9, I have never accused RichP of saying he has done something he hasn't.

No you haven't and I haven't said you did, re-read my posts again! But you're asking him should he be calling someone a walt because he hasn't served, you make it sound that the only one's that can call people walts are those that have done what people claim to have done, if you follow me!
If we are seeing this problem now, was it worse after WW2 and prior to the internet age? Bravery gongs can be researched now and with the advent of sites such as Servicepals, the Goat et al questions can be asked and people put in touch with people who were there.
The amount of unearthing walts by the people of ARRSE is unbelievable, it also begs the question, have we any/had any walts on here?

Last edited:

he_who_dares_rodney

Flight Sergeant
The amount of unearthing walts by the people of ARRSE is unbelievable, it also begs the question, have we any/had any walts on here?

I would suggest almost every "walt outing" in the media has been Arrse led

People should remember that the Armed forces is extremlly small and close knit
Most people know someone who knows someone who served with the unit claimed

Most Walts over egg the pudding and this is there downfall
Just that one wrong medal or a set of jump wings or in JL's case an easily checkable MM

PTS at Brize log all qualified Parachutists,
The London Gazzete lists all medal winners and promotions commisioning etc

Simple things like they way your medals are mounted are all a give a way to personell who have served

Most times they have been caught out with a nod to the "rack" and what started as a simple did you know you've mixed them up?

Most genuine servicemen / women would acknowledge the mistake and correct it not start banging on about "the balcony"

Most of the actuall walts bring it on them selves

Jack Livesy and a couple of other walts were invited to come on Arrse and defend their claims but refused to do so and then dug themselves in deeper by making even more outrages claims despite the people indicating that they were from the units concerned

Remember try and stick to a simple tap of the nose a wink and walk away muttering about Dinger being a good lad with slow shake of the head

W

Wing boy

No you haven't and I haven't said you did, re-read my posts again! But you're asking him should he be calling someone a walt because he hasn't served, you make it sound that the only one's that can call people walts are those that have done what people claim to have done, if you follow me!
If we are seeing this problem now, was it worse after WW2 and prior to the internet age? Bravery gongs can be researched now and with the advent of sites such as Servicepals, the Goat et al questions can be asked and people put in touch with people who were there.
The amount of unearthing walts by the people of ARRSE is unbelievable, it also begs the question, have we any/had any walts on here?[/QUOTE]

It is indeed possible. I was on your intake at swinderby, just in case that was pointed at me.

W

Wing boy

Its a bit late now to back out...You are 'nasty' because I can read so don't attempt to insult my intelligence...Bang to rights this was an attempt to big yourself up which has miserably backfired on you...

He who dares Rodney see's my posts for what they are/were, why can't you? Clearly you have an issue with me. I did not follow up my posts with any info about me, so how on earth is that bigging myself up?

Last edited:

vim_fuego

Hung Like a Baboon.
Staff member
Administrator
Subscriber
1000+ Posts
Clearly you have an issue with me... therefore I shall ignore you.

Thats the way...ignore what you've done and turn it around onto somebody else hoping like feck that it deflects the issue...

I didn't have an issue with you before this but now you've turned the spotlight on yourself...

See posts # 5, 8, 14, 17, 18, 19, 20, 23, 26 for confirmation.

Last edited:
W

Wing boy

Thats the way...ignore what you've done and turn it around onto somebody else hoping like feck that it deflects the issue...

I didn't have an issue with you before this but now you've turned the spotlight on yourself...

See posts # 5, 8, 14, 17, 18, 19, 20, 23, 26 for confirmation.

Start a fight somewhere else Vim I couldn't care less.

(Queue a "yes you could because you posted" response.)

vim_fuego

Hung Like a Baboon.
Staff member
Administrator
Subscriber
1000+ Posts
Taken to PM...Enjoy the rest of the thread...

Don't get put off from posting RichP...

W

Wing boy

Taken to PM...Enjoy the rest of the thread...

Don't get put off from posting RichP...

Indeed RichP, your maturity at not ripping my head off in your response show that you are more adult than I am sometimes. Please carry on posting.

lilgurn

LAC
This was his life for the next twenty years, including five tours of duty in Cloud ****ing Cuckoo Land, where he won the MM (Mong Medal, not the Military Medal), and the Peter Falk-lands War, where he served with the 2nd Battalion, the Martian Light Dragoons. He only has a replica set of medals, because his ex-wife threw away the originals - and presumably, erased all records of him ever having received them/served in a fighting unit at all (see London Gazette, For Bravery in the Field, SAMA, PCAU, Paradata.org and so on).

Quoted from ARRSE. Genius wiki page on the daft fecker!

http://www.arrse.co.uk/wiki/Jack_Livesey

he_who_dares_rodney

Flight Sergeant
That was me - 3rd from the left, or was it 2nd from the right ?? Ohhno, I remember now, I was the 3 one down on the rope, or something like that....

I'm suprised that building never toppled over considering the balcony must have been 3 miles wide and 6 miles long to accomodate everyone who was there

I was 7th row from the front slightly to the left of you (taps nose and winks*)

*Tapping my nose and winking will tell you that I am genuine ex SF / SAS
We are often employed to stand in rough boozers all day geting ****ed and passing on our knowledge to young squaddies / future walts
The tapping and winking is a guarentee that I and all my stories are genuine
The rasping laugh and wheezing cough we employ is one of the hardest parts of the course

Back