• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

want to be a rock ape(need info)

• Thread starter Thread starter staggie
  • Start date Start date
S

staggie

can anybody give me deatailed information on what i have to do on the pgac test....i no iam fit enough but ive been told that to get through i need to be in the top 10% to pass.so i want to make sure that iam as fit or fitter than the the other lads that will be doing the same test.....

any info will be helping me

cheers
staggie

O

Ollie2376

For the 3-mile run, the first 1.5 mile is running with an instructor in 12.30, then you have to run the second 1.5 mile in under 10 minutes for a pass (i think thats how it goes!). For your best chance of passing, you need to be able to do the 3 miles in 21 minutes.

As for bleep test you should be looking at level 11, then 50 press-ups and sit-ups.

Then the "battle PT" i think its called is just a determination test - you finish you pass. If you are at the level to run that of above, you should be able to do it.

I was previously looking at gunner, so read a fair amount on it and that seemed to be what people were saying. But whats required like that shouldnt be in your mind, it should be about getting the most out of yourself and knowing you have done your
best.

K

Krusty_Crab

ive been told that to get through i need to be in the top 10% to pass.
Not true...you have to achieve the standard!
If all the applicants that turn up are lardy-arsed couch potatoes then they'd all fail. If all the candidates were 'Iron Men' then they'd all pass. If someone is quoting 10% then it's an 'average' not a criterion! Do your best..put in 100% effort. If you're miles ahead... stay ahead, if you're lagging behind (but still giving 100%) don't despair you might be in with a bunch of Iron Men!

Last edited:
K

kippax

Pgac

Pgac

JUST DO AS YOU ARE TOLD.START WHEN THEY SAY START,AND STOP WHEN THEY TELL YOU TO STOP.EASY.:PDT_Xtremez_25:

R

Reformed Scribbly

Must be a rock, he types like one. :PDT_Xtremez_30:

Back