• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Want to join as a MT Driver or Chef . Help please

• Thread starter Thread starter dorsetjohn
  • Start date Start date
D

dorsetjohn

Hello everyone . Just joined so please go gentle on me please !

Bit about mysely . I will be 18 at Christmas and have been thinking about joining for about a year now

I have the following exam results , not great , but here goes

1) Uniformed public services First Diploma (PASS)
2) Gcse English (Higher) C
3) Gcse Maths E
4) Gcse Art D
5) Gcse Science F
6) Gcse Religion E
7) Gcse History F

I am interested in joing up as a MT Driver or Chef

I have bought a Physcometric testing practice book and a How to join the RAF CD rom to help me . I am fit and not over weight

Can any of you please give me any advice and with my grades at school will there be any trouble applying

after I submit my application online how long roughly is the apptitude test ? then am i right in thinking that if you pass the apptitude you then have a medical . then if you pass this you have the interview ?

just want to work out how long after I apply will I be interviewed . Knowing a rough time scale of this will give me time to prepare and know all the questions I may likely be answered

Also how hard is the Physcometric testing for the trades I would be interested in . Im not the brightest spark in the world , but have average intelligence at the best

Do you know if the 2 trades I have chosen if there is a huge waiting list to join and I know it is a tough question to answer but would it be possible to start basic training within a year or so ?

Many thanks in advance and any help you give will be appreciated

K

Krusty_Crab

Your grades will not prevent you from applying as either MT or Chef, but you will need to get the correct scores in the Airman Selection Test (AST). Don't bother knowing what the scores are, simply do your best. Don't linger on a question if you're struggling, move on and come back to it (If you've got time).
Both trades are full for this year but will both be re-opening in the next few weeks for entry from Apr 2010 onwards. MT tends to fill up very quickly but Chef is little less over-subscribed!! Make yourself competetive by learning as much as you can about the RAF, the MT Trade and Chef Trade.
Can't tell you what the timescales are likely to be but I would set yourself a 'study' program of an hour a day (or night) studying the RAF website, RAF Careers Website and E-goat forum. Find out what aircraft we operate, where we operate from and where we are fighting. Find out the jobs that Chefs and MT drivers do and what training they undertake.
Build your knowledge slowly and steadily and go back over things you've already studied to cement them in your memory. You won't be expected to have encyclopedic knowledge but the more you know the more suitable you'll appear to the recruiters.

Last edited:
D

dorsetjohn

Your grades will not prevent you from applying as either MT or Chef, but you will need to get the correct scores in the Airman Selection Test (AST). Don't bother knowing what the scores are, simply do your best. Don't linger on a question if you're struggling, move on and come back to it (If you've got time).
Both trades are full for this year but will both be re-opening in the next few weeks for entry from Apr 2010 onwards. MT tends to fill up very quickly but Chef is little less over-subscribed!! Make yourself competetive by learning as much as you can about the RAF, the MT Trade and Chef Trade.
Can't tell you what the timescales are likely to be but I would set yourself a 'study' program of an hour a day (or night) studying the RAF website, RAF Careers Website and E-goat forum. Find out what aircraft we operate, where we operate from and where we are fighting. Find out the jobs that Chefs and MT drivers do and what training they undertake.
Build your knowledge slowly and steadily and go back over things you've already studied to cement them in your memory. You won't be expected to have encyclopedic knowledge but the more you know the more suitable you'll appear to the recruiters.

Thanks for your help and the time replying

D

dorsetjohn

Back