• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Weapons Tech questions

• Thread starter Thread starter taylor5788
  • Start date Start date
T

taylor5788

Hi all,

Hopefully im soon to be sitting my AST tests at my local AFCO. I know which trade i want to do; weapons tech, but a few questions i have are as follow:

1. After my average 9 years of service, what can i do? im 20 so dont want to leave the RAF at 29!

2. For the millionth time, how hard are the AST tests?

3. What do you reccommend studying prior to my AST tests and HOPEFULLY interviews, to make me get through easier?

Thanks people!

Downsizer

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Subscriber
1000+ Posts
Hi all,

Hopefully im soon to be sitting my AST tests at my local AFCO. I know which trade i want to do; weapons tech, but a few questions i have are as follow:

1. After my average 9 years of service, what can i do? im 20 so dont want to leave the RAF at 29!

You can extend your service to 12, 15, 22, 30 years and even age 55 if if you gain the required promotions....

Y

Yidmister

Hi all,

2. For the millionth time, how hard are the AST tests?

3. What do you reccommend studying prior to my AST tests and HOPEFULLY interviews, to make me get through easier?

Thanks people!

With regards to the AST, well the test is quite hard. The problem lots of people have with the AST is the time limit you have for each section. Some section only let you have 3 minutes to answer 20 questions, so this quite often trips people up.

To try and give yourself a better change of passing, read the book the AFCO will give you and practice the questions in the back, Also get online at try looking up Psychometric Tests in google.

Back