• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Webcam recomendations

Entropy

Sergeant
Can anyone recommend a webcam. We have a pretty poor connection 3.5Mb at best so I don't need to fork out for a HD one. Also what are the differences between a £10 cam and a £30 one as they both appear to have similar specs, 1.3megapixel.

daspeedz

LAC
3.6mbs is pretty good....I'm only on .320kbs and my webcam works just fine.

A good compromise for price and quality capture would be the logitech C270 it's £20 Inc postage from amazon. Could be cheaper if you shop around.

FootTapper

Sergeant
The difference between good and bad webcams is more to do with image quality, dealing with light levels and so on - rather than just megapixels (resolution)

It's exactly the same situation as with stills cameras. It's not hard to find a phone camera with 6 megapixels, while my old D-SLR is "only" 6 megapixels.
But I bet you could tell which photos came from which - the larger, better quality sensor, as well as much better lenses make a world of difference.

Essentially - in good diffuse light many cheap webcams will be just fine. But as soon as you get to lower light, strong side or backlighting, movement and so on that's when the better quality ones show their worth. I'd always go with a known brand - something like a logitech one.

Back