• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

We're getting new overalls!

MrMasher

Somewhere else now!
Subscriber
So we're getting new overalls at our place.
They will be heavy duty jobs that are more flame retardant than the current ones.
They will need some sort of proper washing where the retardanticity is restored. They are supposed to last for 50 washes.
They have no eppilettes so, allegedly, there will be some form of stitched on rank badges.
Is this occuring anywhere else or just here?
Sounds like another waste of money to me.
With the overalls police moaning in the hot summer months about people with denims tied around the waist, I cant wait for these thicker ones and next summer!

MontyPlumbs

Squadron Cock
Subscriber
1000+ Posts
So we're getting new overalls at our place.
They will be heavy duty jobs that are more flame retardant than the current ones.
They will need some sort of proper washing where the retardanticity is restored. They are supposed to last for 50 washes.
They have no eppilettes so, allegedly, there will be some form of stitched on rank badges.
Is this occuring anywhere else or just here?
Sounds like another waste of money to me.
With the overalls police moaning in the hot summer months about people with denims tied around the waist, I cant wait for these thicker ones and next summer!

Sound a bit Navy-ish to me!

Oh well, won't be wearing denims for much longer anyway!

I thought for a moment you meant you'd PVR'd todo the same job for BAe :PDT_Xtremez_30:

MrMasher

Somewhere else now!
Subscriber
Sound a bit Navy-ish to me!

Oh well, won't be wearing denims for much longer anyway!

I thought for a moment you meant you'd PVR'd todo the same job for BAe :PDT_Xtremez_30:

I'd have to grow a mullet and some face furniture before BAe would accept me!
If I PVRd I'd earn more with BAe than I do now in the RAF.
Fecking pension trap!

Seriously though, new overalls on the way. We had our sizes noted down today. 3 pairs each. Thats not enough!!

MontyPlumbs

Squadron Cock
Subscriber
1000+ Posts
I'd have to grow a mullet and some face furniture before BAe would accept me!
If I PVRd I'd earn more with BAe than I do now in the RAF.
Fecking pension trap!

Seriously though, new overalls on the way. We had our sizes noted down today. 3 pairs each. Thats not enough!!

Lets hope the RAF don't use the same supplier as they did for the light blue shirts!

As an aside, I wonder why they feel the need to change the overalls? Maybe another Wing Commander is pushing for his/her Group Captain. Who knows. I could think of better thnigs to spend the cash on to be honest. I quite like the current green ones (even if they are the same as what the Pongos wear for AFV maintenance!)

MrMasher

Somewhere else now!
Subscriber
Wonder if they'll be grey, with buttons...:PDT_Xtremez_17:

Strange you should say that..... I heard that some AOC wants the blue ones back.

On the subject of shirts, I thought I'd best change some of my dark blue navy like working mans shirts. I've now got the old lighter ones as replacements!

It wont be long until we're working in our No1s!!!
(Damnit Monty, you beat me to it!)

Nurse69

LAC
Blue

Blue

Oh yes Blue everything. As the 100 year experiment draws to a close many an officer is trying to hang on to his easy life and not be subsumed into the Navy/Army. They think we need to raise the profile of the RAF by going everywhere in Blues. Everywhere that is except where they work, Main Building are still loafing about in suits. Personally I used to encourage the belief that those helicopters were 'Army' when the boyos looked up at them, didn't want them blowing up my pub.

new coveralls

new coveralls

I think it maybe the new ones mentioned in the RAF news they have RAF embroidered on them (apparently)

T55

Sergeant
I will happily exchange my coveralls for blue/grey ones. I was very disapponited at Swinderby when those at the front of the queue got blue/grey and myself towards the back of the queue got green.

My current coveralls have been in the locker for a couple of years now and I am convinced that the lack of natural light has caused them to shrink!

Tashy_Man

Tashied Goatee
should last some liney's entire careers then... :PDT_Xtremez_30:

Well as a Liney it used to be about once every 2 weeks (always took them home as otherwise it was too long)......so thats about 2 years.

My overalls here get done 3/4 times a week and when they get damaged/worn none of going to stores to replace them I get a key, go to the PPE store and help myself.....so easy, no stacker.....life is SOOOOO simple.

Crack on............................:PDT_Xtremez_09:

BillyBunter

Techie & Proud
Id prefer the money used to buy these overalls be used to buy some spares for our fleet of aircraft. I dont mind working in green overalls for a few more years yet

I look like Bruce Willis

I Suck Like George Michael
I think this is an exellent idea. It will provide us with a sence of unity and will allow us to fully embrace the ethos of the RAF. When they start being issued, I will simply charge anyone I see not wearing them, for being incorrectly dressed.

I look like Bruce Willis

I Suck Like George Michael
If you have nothing better to do than pick me up on minor grammatical errors then you have far too much time on your hands. I suggest that you use it more constructivly, and read AP 3000

Martin Blank

Sergeant
On the subject of liney overall laundry, you will find the more oily, greasy and dirty they get the more water resistant they become.
It then makes sense not to clean said items as you will ruin your all weather denims.

Plus if you have clean denims all the while you're a work shy gayer.

3wheeledtechie

Sergeant
On the subject of liney overall laundry, you will find the more oily, greasy and dirty they get the more water resistant they become.
It then makes sense not to clean said items as you will ruin your all weather denims.

Plus if you have clean denims all the while you're a work shy gayer.

Quite right mate, or you've ventured out from your cosy bay onto the scary world of the line, where as we all know if where the real work is done by people who think nothing of drinking their own urine and eating girders for breakfast.

Back