• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

What course is this one?

• Thread starter Thread starter Wonky Tonka
  • Start date Start date
W

Wonky Tonka

Just got a notification through JPA (yes, I was shocked too!!) that I need to complete a coupe of courses for my new job.

Anyone got any ideas what this one is:

Q-D-MHE(CB)-90074(RAF)

Dunno if it's related to the other one I'm going on (Tonka wing-ballast transmitter-type thingy:PDT_Xtremez_15: )

Drew a blank from the guys in the office...........over to you ..

MattBombHead

Sergeant
Just got a notification through JPA (yes, I was shocked too!!) that I need to complete a coupe of courses for my new job.

Anyone got any ideas what this one is:

Q-D-MHE(CB)-90074(RAF)
Dunno if it's related to the other one I'm going on (Tonka wing-ballast transmitter-type thingy:PDT_Xtremez_15: )

Drew a blank from the guys in the office...........over to you ..

Its Industrial Fork Lift mate, you know, Hyster....

And its probably at DST Leconfield.....:PDT_Xtremez_42: :PDT_Xtremez_35:

W

Wonky Tonka

is it???

Should be worth a giggle......and handy for civvy street.

Dunno what the feck it has to do with Sky Shadow pods though.......

MattBombHead

Sergeant
Its deffo good for Civvy St, you'll get offered National Operators Registration (NOR) at the end of it, which gives you a 3yr qual to work in Civvy St. After that you can do a refresher, and get signed up for another 3 yrs and so on....

Basically, no civvy firm 'should' touch you without this NOR thingy....

Still waiting for mine to come through, so cann't vouch for it yet...

MrMasher

Somewhere else now!
Subscriber
Yeah, its counterbalance forklift.
Best course I ever did. I also did the side loader one up at Stafford.
I could quite happily drive a forklift around all day long! Unluckily I have moved posts now so I dont get to drive em that often.
You should have somone at your unit who can run the course. I did my CB at my present unit under training from MT licensing.

Downsizer

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Subscriber
1000+ Posts

Not always, they run them at Brize, Odiham, Stafford, and Wittering to name a few as well. Defo want to avoid Leconfield at all costs.

MontyPlumbs

Squadron Cock
Subscriber
1000+ Posts
Not always, they run them at Brize, Odiham, Stafford, and Wittering to name a few as well. Defo want to avoid Leconfield at all costs.

The only forklift course they do here is the all-terrain thingy-majig I think mate. Unless 5001 Sqn or some other logs crap has started doing the training as well.

Downsizer

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Subscriber
1000+ Posts
The only forklift course they do here is the all-terrain thingy-majig I think mate. Unless 5001 Sqn or some other logs crap has started doing the training as well.

Interesting, when I was in the bomb dump I did both at Witters, probably around 2000. Must have stopped it now then.

rackrat

LAC

They do the rough terrain and tele handler here at witt. I think that the 2 mt lot still to the counterbalance course here as well.

MontyPlumbs

Squadron Cock
Subscriber
1000+ Posts
They do the rough terrain and tele handler here at witt. I think that the 2 mt lot still to the counterbalance course here as well.

I stand corrected, looks like 2 MT do the training, apologies for the duff gen fellas.

rackrat

LAC
Dont quote me on the counterbalance one, i have seen them bombing around in a little hanger in a little electric forklift with nervous looking people trying to pick up pallets on it.

W

Wonky Tonka

Its Industrial Fork Lift mate, you know, Hyster....

According to my MTTT&L mate, it can be done at my unit.
All I need to do is to get PMA to agree to that one......

Back