• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

When How Found Code For AFRC

rest have risen above me

Warrant Officer
1000+ Posts
I have just come out with following statement during a discussion on the use of the WHF code box on a F707A:- "In the dark and distant past when you raised a flying requirement on a F707A the when how found code was the SNOW of the task that initiated the Flying requirement."

Please tell me I'm right as even some of the older sweats are saying they don't remember that being the case, or has the G+T finally reached critical brain cell destruction level already?

Teh Wal

Flight Sergeant
Yep, the SNOW that resulted in the flying requirement. Can't remember if it's covered on the F799, possibly not.

ady eflog

Harrier Mafia
1000+ Posts
Yep, the SNOW that resulted in the flying requirement. Can't remember if it's covered on the F799, possibly not.

Yeah its covered in the 799 on table 1 Aircrew reported snags 109 PRIOR TO ENGINE START, GROUND ABORT 2, FLIGHT SAFETY Y/N SO 1092N, table 2 for groundcrew it gives all the codes, 630 BF, 616 OTHER etc.....

I Look Like Kevin Costner

Grand Prix fanatic..
Really have forgotten all that...... Do the civilian equivalent mind and my companies tech logs have reverted almost to 705/707 style sector and defect recording.. Bloody pain in the arse at the end of a 14 hour shift. We do now also have a notice to flight crew requirements sheet as well for any flight requirements..

Teh Wal

Flight Sergeant
Yeah its covered in the 799 on table 1 Aircrew reported snags 109 PRIOR TO ENGINE START, GROUND ABORT 2, FLIGHT SAFETY Y/N SO 1092N, table 2 for groundcrew it gives all the codes, 630 BF, 616 OTHER etc.....
That table is for pilot/aircrew reported faults, the WHF code. The other table on that F799 is the groundcrew WHF codes, ie. 606 ADF/LIM, 616 other, etc, etc. The OP is asking about what to put in the WHF block when raising an AFRC, which is not really related to the 2 tables mentioned.

Teh Wal

Flight Sergeant
I always used 616 - Other for red SNOW. Not saying its right but thats what we all did.
D'you know what, the more I think about it the more I think that there's no particular rule/regulation/etc to cover it. I've got a feeling that it's more of a local, word-of-mouth, "we've always done it this way" type of thing.

Last edited:
Back