• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

When is the SAC/JT - CPL Mech promotion board due?

• Thread starter Thread starter Natural_Wastage
  • Start date Start date
N

Natural_Wastage

Hi,

Does anyone know when the next promotion board for SAC/JT-CPL Mech will be sitting?

Any rumours about numbers? This will probably be my last promotion board (I'm in my resettlement phase) and I would give serious consideration to staying in the raf if I was picked up.

It's a little difficult to predict how this board will go given that it's a Mech free for all...:PDT_Xtremez_42:

Sospan

Flight Sergeant
1000+ Posts
It will be announced on the ACOS manning website, somebody in work will be able to check, but its roughly about Dec time.

N

Natural_Wastage

Thanks, all I needed was to know a rough date.

It could be another miserable xmas for any JT's that's true... Although as a JT I'm beginning to wonder if it's possible to actually get promoted!

The Panther

Corporal
I was also a JT, banged out last year. Still in contact with some of the lads from are fitters course. Yep you guessed it, none promoted. Still good luck mate.:PDT_Xtremez_42:

BillyBunter

Techie & Proud
JT the best rank in the Air Force will soon be no more, dont give up hope yet guys the RAF will promote you guys as you are the last of the trained best , they just keeping you till last so they have decent NCOs in the future. The last 5 odd years the RAF have blatantly ignored the JT rank and treated em all like **** , luckily at work if you are a JT you are special. This is what ****s me off about the RAF , they promote the new SAC Techs ahead of good trained guys just to prove a system works and rely on the last of the old school chaps to fill the slots when they appear , its no wonder even JTs are banging out and ****ing off civvy jobs , I really think somebody in the high up position of choosing guys for CPL should pick the guys best for the job and not pick guys to ensure it showns thetre stupid crazy systems work , what **** got rid of JT rank anayway ?

So I can promise they wont let you go without offering you promotion , unless of course you are a ****** and nobody likes you.

The Panther

Corporal
So I can promise they wont let you go without offering you promotion , unless of course you are a ****** and nobody likes you.

Now that confirms my fears, I did always wonder why I never heard anything !:PDT_Xtremez_31:

What you say though billy is spot on, although I expect some incomming from Mr Plumbs and Sospan. The powers that be really did drop a bo##ock with the JTs, who knows what they where thinking. Still there are plenty of oppotunities on the outside.

R

Real Slim Shady

Nat' Waste'
Manning due to announce dates for board v soon. Will post info ASAP.

Oh - good luck.

The Panther

Corporal
I was not fishing for a bite, I just know from previous threads that you defend your corner strongly. Which you should do. I wish good luck to all on the promotion front, obviously as an ex JT I'm slightly bias.

I think we can both agree that this hot topic of JT vs SAC (T) has been done to death many times over.

mild mannered janitor

Flight Sergeant
1000+ Posts
JT the best rank in the Air Force will soon be no more, dont give up hope yet guys the RAF will promote you guys as you are the last of the trained best , they just keeping you till last so they have decent NCOs in the future. The last 5 odd years the RAF have blatantly ignored the JT rank and treated em all like **** , luckily at work if you are a JT you are special. This is what ****s me off about the RAF , they promote the new SAC Techs ahead of good trained guys just to prove a system works and rely on the last of the old school chaps to fill the slots when they appear , its no wonder even JTs are banging out and ****ing off civvy jobs , I really think somebody in the high up position of choosing guys for CPL should pick the guys best for the job and not pick guys to ensure it showns thetre stupid crazy systems work , what **** got rid of JT rank anayway ?

i agree jt was the best rank in the air force as an ex jt myself:PDT_Xtremez_30: however i cant agree that the system is keeping jt's back from promotion to "prove the system" i waited 6 years for my tapes and watched sac's promoted ahead of me! am i bitter ? no the fact is i work with both sac tech's and a few of the jt's that are left and i can say truthfully that some of the jt's dont deserve promotion! the argument "iv'e been a jt x year's" doesent wash anymore the fact is it's the ability to do the job that counts and thats it.

A

auchtermuchty

I was a JT for 12 years.....in my case promotion was delayed primarily for abuse.

Physical abuse of my 2nd RO on two seperate occasions (Different guys)
Physical abuse of my 1st RO once
Verbal Abuse of my Flt Lt once

I was a very angry young man..... now I'm an angry old Cpl!

Sospan

Flight Sergeant
1000+ Posts
I was not fishing for a bite, I just know from previous threads that you defend your corner strongly. Which you should do. I wish good luck to all on the promotion front, obviously as an ex JT I'm slightly bias.

I think we can both agree that this hot topic of JT vs SAC (T) has been done to death many times over.

Well, I sometimes feel that that the SAC/JT argument is not balanced, people only look at what they are/were and tend to give no credit to the other.

The Panther

Corporal
I know mate and its true what you say. I'm out now so my opinion does not really carry much weight anyway. I do have a lot of respect for the folk that are staying in and toughing it out, you all deserve to be rewarded for that. But, I think thats for another thread.

Last edited:
R

Real Slim Shady

SAC/JT Joint Mech (MS) Board

Due to sit late Nov/early Dec. Precise dates TBN

C

Captain Gatso

i agree jt was the best rank in the air force as an ex jt myself:PDT_Xtremez_30: however i cant agree that the system is keeping jt's back from promotion to "prove the system" i waited 6 years for my tapes and watched sac's promoted ahead of me! am i bitter ? no the fact is i work with both sac tech's and a few of the jt's that are left and i can say truthfully that some of the jt's dont deserve promotion! the argument "iv'e been a jt x year's" doesent wash anymore the fact is it's the ability to do the job that counts and thats it.

I can agree with that MMJ, and I think I know who you are on about. Does he stil live in his office. As I remember he did pretty much, or still does, feck all. Back on topic any remaining JT's who read this. All I got to say is good luck if you want to still tough it out. Towards the end of my time in the RAF. I become convinced that being a JT had become a problem to getting promoted. As someone else said, the powers that be wanted to show that the system could work for SAC'T. Hence you saw alot of promotions early on for them. Now that system has gone as well, what could be next, who knows. All I wish was that the rank system would remain unchanged for the forseeable future, instead of being constantly changed by a load of zobs in an office, trying to think of a way they could get promoted, while screwing the boys and girls on the shop floor over.:S

Sospan

Flight Sergeant
1000+ Posts
I seen the projection today on the ACOS manning site the preboard quota was extremely low considering all the heavys are in one pot it was about 41 IIRC. Not good news, its going to be a difficult year.

N

Natural_Wastage

I took a peek at the PMA/Manning website and can confirm that the prediction is a ridiculously low 41. How the hell do you stand out against every heavy in the RAF when they're only picking 41. That's a pure numbers lottery. There's so little to differentiate those ready for promotion that it's next to impossible to pick 41 fairly.

No coincidence that I'm starting my licenses! Maybe I'll be offered something in the Nth hour but I'll not hold my breath. I've completely lost faith in the appraisal system and even if I got my tapes chances are I'd face the same problem getting to the next rung on the RAF career ladder.

It's honestly getting harder and harder to maintain a decent hard working attitude at work. What motivation (other than not shafting mates) do I have to put any effort into my work?

Back