• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Which job suits me?

• Thread starter Thread starter lolstar
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
L

lolstar

Hey guys, i'm thinking about joining the RAF soon and ive looked around on the forums but theres not much info on the living conditions or deployments ect.

I'm thinking about either a aircraft technician (avionics) or ICT technician.

Only thing is what are the accomodation like for these roles? not just the place you sleep but the places you work. For example I can imagine an AE living around an air field with proper accomodation ect. On the other hand I can see an ICT tech as abit of a sneaky job so getting deployed to afghan for afew months, living in a tent ect. Any ICT tech's here that can tell me alittle bit more about the working and living enviroment?

And any AE can tell me about the same please. Also apart from the fixing aircraft and and setting up all the ICT equipment ect, what other duties does each branch have to do?

Walking around the base with a rifle?
Washing up the dishes?
Laundry?

ect. Thanks.

busby1971

Super Moderator
Staff member
1000+ Posts
Hi bud

Hi bud

With random views like this you might benefit from a visit to a RAF Station to see what we really do, contact your local AFCO and they should be able to sort it out for you.

Good Luck

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back