• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Which job to go in for ??

• Thread starter Thread starter ferguson
  • Start date Start date
F

ferguson

Would like to the raf either as an Physical education officer or Physical training instructor?

i am 17
and have been accepted to university to do a sport science degree

but was wondering which would be ideal ?

add information

thanks

Drill Bit

Sergeant
Would like to the raf either as an Physical education officer or Physical training instructor?

i am 17
and have been accepted to university to do a sport science degree

but was wondering which would be ideal ?

add information

thanks

You need to look at the each job spec on the RAF Careers website mate; knowing absolutely nothing about you, means that no egoater is in a position to tell you which one would be ideal for you.

Doesn't help much, but it's a decision you need to make based on which one best matches your expectations.

Therapist

LAC
If you are physical training officer your your title gets shortened to PEdO.

Not to let that sway you. It all depends on what you want. Think long and hard about the responsibility you will get as soon as you are an officer.
There is nothing to stop you going for Commission once you are in.

F

ferguson

it just when i have spoken to people in the raf they have sed PEdO spend more time in the office and not doing the physical side.

as i no for a pti , only the best and a handful get choosen ...

i have read both specs over and over , as really wanna go in ...

thanks for advice .....

comment still if any pros and cons of going in ..

cheers

Warwick Hunt

Persona Non-Grata
1000+ Posts
A P Ed O is there for sports and fitness policy and management on a RAF station, not much different to a leisure centre manager on the outside (think Gordon Brittas!). A PTI will do the nitty gritty hands-on physical training of RAF personnel, like a personal trainer would do. A PTI will organise circuits, expeds, fitness testing, training advice and is a lot more involved than a P Ed O would be. As a P Ed O, you will be responsible for the career management, leadership, discipline, welfare, etc of a flight of PTI's from JNCO up to WO. You will be responsible for the physical training output of a RAF station and for implementing the fitness and sports policy to meet the station's role, e.g. if you are posted to RAFC Cranwell, you will be formulating the PT policy for IOT students; at RAF Honington, you will be doing the same for the RAF Regt; at Halton, the same kind of thing; on a MOB, meeting the station's deployment requirements. If a large number of personnel on a station start failing fitness assessments, the Stn Cdr comes battering down on your door wondering how YOU are going to redress the balance. It is a responsible job as the focus is on you.

As has been alluded to already, if you want to fo hands-on training, come in as a PTI and when you are ready, apply to become an officer.

Back