• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Wireless help

Hi guys
I am looking for a bit of help with a prob I've got connecting a modem/router.

Bought a Belkin n150 modem/router so mini RSB can use her laptop.

problem is when all connected up and set up disk run through the desk top which is hard wired via the LAN port will not connect to the internet.

The lap top finds the network and does all that it should but not the pesky desk top.

Any ideas?

Cheers
RSB

Realist78

Master of my destiny
Get your ISP tech help desk on the case, should have you up and running in no time.:PDT_Xtremez_30:

Shugster

Warrant Officer
Hi guys
I am looking for a bit of help with a prob I've got connecting a modem/router.

Bought a Belkin n150 modem/router so mini RSB can use her laptop.

problem is when all connected up and set up disk run through the desk top which is hard wired via the LAN port will not connect to the internet.

The lap top finds the network and does all that it should but not the pesky desk top.

Any ideas?

Cheers
RSB

Try deleting and adding a new internet connection, make sure you have all the passwords etc for your router.

Was the desktop the only one in the house? Did you have a different router before?

Can you ping the router in command prompt?

Ex Tg3

SAC
You might need to run the network setup wizard.

Do this from the shortcut on the left hand side of the network connections (accessed from Control Panel) and select the correct options (something like This computer connections to the internet through a network).

Then go into Internet Explorer and click Tools, Options, LAN settings and something like Automatically Detect Settings. Close IE and restart and it should be fine.

If you want to do file/printer sharing then select the 'turn on' option when going through the setup wizard and make sure the workgroup is the same on PC and laptop.

HTH

lilgurn

LAC
Try above, sounds about right. Easiest thing to check is to see if MSN messenger works or if its just a problem with internet explorer. IF MSN works then Internet Explorer is the problem, and the settings are as stated in the above post...

by typing either "192.168.1.1" or "192.168.0.1" into your internet explorer address bar you should connect to the router (as default on Belkins i believe). If this happens then its not a wiring problem... (failing this look for a simliar address labelled on the base of the router.)

Back