• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Wireless print server

T55

Sergeant
Hi,

have bought a Hawking wireless print server so I can put my printer in neutral territory and stop the kids fighting over it. I'm damned if I can get the sodding thing to work through my BT Voyager 2110 encrypted network.

Anyone come across this problem or have any advice?

sadscopie

SAC
Hi,

have bought a Hawking wireless print server so I can put my printer in neutral territory and stop the kids fighting over it. I'm damned if I can get the sodding thing to work through my BT Voyager 2110 encrypted network.

It may be the way that the router allocates the IP address, my mate had probs when he set his up, I'll ask him tonight when I see him.

I personally us an HP printer (£60) connected to my wireless router via a network cable. All of my PC's can print from it, If you can take it back I'd reccomend you do so (unless you really want your current printer) and buy the HP. The HP Photosmart 2575 is an all in one jobby with scanner etc and is superb.

CodeMonkey

Flight Sergeant
Hi,

One bit of advice would be turn off the encryption, get it working then turn the encryption back on as troubleshooting WiFi connections with the encryption turned on can be a bitch.

Major Geek

Sergeant
Agree that encryption may be the problem. Had a problem connecting wireless devices from different manufacturers. Entering the pass phrase and allowing the software to convert it to HEX didn't work. Made a note of the HEX created on one device and manually entered into the other - hey presto.

Back