• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

wireless setup

ailiebird

Corporal
Hi all.

I've got AOL and am trying to set up the router for wireless internet. I've set up a network but cant get the internet to connect! any ideas what I'm doing wrong?

By the way I'm running vista home premium and my router is a speedtouch st585, if any of that helps.

Any info/help is much appreciated.

Cheers AB

Martin Blank

Sergeant
Top tip set up on cable first then switch on wireless with encryption.
You should be able to access a homepage style router setup page in Internet explorer.
Get log on details for router.
Setup wireless connection on PC then......go wireless
Had a workmate who's router was working...all green lights, PC was fine but wouldn't connect to internet. After he spent 4hours on phone with Tiscali at 50p a min. I managed to diagnose the problem as his network card was disabled. Common if your pc has one but has been bought from fekkin PC World.

gray

Sergeant
Another obvious query, but you have actually put your AOL login details into the router/modem itself ?. My router automatically asks for this info once finished completing initial setup.

Gray

Back